𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞

WAIT FOR THE CUE TO PLAY MUSIC 🤍

ᴇʀᴇɴ's ᴘᴏᴠ

i hadn't heard from her all night and the following day, which was very odd. i thought she would text to say she's got to the hospital alright and is with Levi. she would always text. i didn't want to sit around all day waiting for her to text me, but that's what i ended up doing.

i messaged her, around noon, asking if everything was okay with Levi. while waiting, i called Mikasa to ask if she had known what happened, as well as any updates.

"Levi's fine; it's Uncle Kenny that's in an induced coma; he got into a car accident."

"oh." i knew Levi's uncle, he was a strong, confident man. "is he gonna be alright?"

"the doctor's told his wife that the swelling on his brain has reduced; it's looking good, but we all can't help but worry about what if." Mikasa sounded visibly upset.

"i'm sure it won't come to that. he will wake up soon, he's a strong man." i offered some assurance.

"and he's all Levi's got now. he has to wake up."

i didn't mention anything about y/n to Mikasa; there had to be some other reason why she hadn't been in contact with me all this while. i figured the answer to all my wondering was her love for Levi Ackerman.

i went to the gym with Zeke, helped my mum with last-minute grocery shopping, and then took a nap afterwards. it was 9p.m. when I was woken up by the sound of a text message. i knew it was her because i had my phone on do not disturb mode with only her as allowed contacts.

she replied around 9pm with the words, 'he's fine; i'll call you later.'

well, at least he was fine. i selfishly thought. because i wasn't. i had the words 'i love you' and 'will you be my girlfriend' burning in my throat. i couldn't tell her over the phone; it had to be in person, but i also could not enter the new year without her knowing that i loved her.

c'mon, give me that at least.

to my surprise, she didn't call me that night. i spent all morning waiting for her to call too. but she didn't.

at around 3pm i decided to call her; it seemed to be the right time.

after a couple of rings, the phone went to voicemail. do not disturb voicemail. i went to our messages to confirm, and it was clear as day in purple writing: her phone was on dnd. so i called again; this time it rang for longer, but still no answer. maybe she's not by her phone. bullshit, y/n always has her phone on her. she's in the hospital; she might have gone to get her and Levi a hot drink. y/n always wears pants with pockets; she hates those fake pockets clothing brands manufacture on jeans. my mind spun with excuses and many counterarguments as to why she wasn't picking up the phone. i called again, no answer; i was at my wits end.

phone is ringing...

My Princess 👸🏾 is calling...

i picked up the phone immediately, but i didn't speak. i waited for her to.

"hello."

"hello." it was quiet. "y/n, is everything alright?"

"hello?"

"hello?! y/n?"

"hello? Eren, can you hear me?"

"yes, I can hear you. can you hear me?"

"hellooo? mtchew! stupid signal." she kissed her teeth.

i tried one more time. "hello!" i yelled.

phone call ended.