Caring 5

I was half asleep when I see Ezra sleeping in my chair. I wonder what the hell happened? I sat up in my bed rubbing my eyes when I slowly started to remember. Jesus Christ Davina... I took a deep breath slowly getting my voice back to wake Ezra.

     Ezra?
        Hmm?
     Wake up.
        What what happened? Are you ok? Are you feeling dizzy, lightheaded, or nauseous?
     No. No. I feel fine.
        Ok here.

     He handed me a small carton of tomato juice. He remembered I like tomato juice? I slowly sat up in the bed and he stops me.

     You

     You...you remembered I like tomato juice?
        Of course it's not something i could forget and before you start you're not getting out of this bed.

    I couldn't help but smile he actually remembered I like tomato juice. I took a deep breath opening it drinking it.

What happened?
In short you were a badass.
The explanation?
After you threw Cyrus we tried to get you out of there but Cyrus kept pushing so you pushed him.
Wait! You wrist let me see.

I grabbed his hand and saw the bruises on his wrist and knuckles.

I'm fine I'll heal.
Yeah but you knuckles....
I said I'm fine.

He snatched his hand away from me I knew it wasn't from Cyrus.

Can I ask you something?
Yeah...of course what is it?
        Why did you protect me?

     He looked at me genuinely curious and I didn't know what to say. Why did I protect him? That's when I hear Rebecca's voice in my head "do you have feelings for him". I'm starting to think that some part of me does...but I cant say that to him.

       Davina?
     I...sorry I think I care about you although I'm not really sure why but I didn't want him to hurt you and I guess when I saw him twisting your wrist I got upset and lost it again...
        I...that reminds me here.

     He handed me my necklace I almost forgot I gave it to him.

     Thank you Ezra. What happens now? Am I in trouble?
        Shockingly no I doubt Cyrus would say you attack him he would be embarrassed he's "unbeatable".
     Can I ask you something now?
        What is it?
     Do you know anything about my biological mother?
        All I know is rumors she keeps to her side of the kingdom just like the king does.
     So this is a whole kingdom split into two? To a queen and king?
        Technically yes your father was the kings only child which made him next in line considering he was his only living family member.
     But he was like 5 siblings?
        Half sibling's actually he's his fathers only child as for the queen she's the only child as well I know.
     Kids?
        The king had one son his wife passed away giving birth to him.
     So I have a brother?
        Older brother only by I think 2 years as for the queen no one knows.
     What...?
Let's do the math the king is 40 years old he has had an arranged marriage at 22. His wife passed away giving birth to your brother. He had a fling with your mother 2 years later resulting in you. So he had you at 25 he just didn't know about you.
So if I have a brother where is he?
With his grandparents I'm assuming.
I have grandparents?
Yeah maybe we should catch on some family history.