5

Magma had never seen the school more on edge. It had been a week since her mother's nightmare, and there were dragons talking about wanting to go home.
In fact, that was what the Jade Winglet was discussing in their small discussion class.
"I don't want to go home." Firefly said.
"Why not?" Tsunami asked.
"I have two reasons." Firefly said. "Reason 1: I don't want to be apart from Poison Oak."
Poison Oak blushed while everyone else said, "Aww."
"Reason 2: The last thing I want to do is walk in on my parents during one of their mating sessions. Again."
"Okay," Tsunami said. "Did not need to know that. Anyone else want to talk?"
No one said anything. Listener, however, looked disturbed.
"Are you okay?" Magma asked.
Listener looked at her. "I have seen things I can never unsee." She said.
"I'm sorry." Firefly said.
Magma looked at the other dragonets in the room: Beetle was fiddling with her glasses, the way she always did when she got nervous; Sandshard was looking at his tail; and Gill was staring at his talons.
"I'll leave you kids alone to discuss things." Tsunami said. The large SeaWing spread her wings and flew out of the cave.
Gill and Listener looked at each other, seemingly having a conversation with their eyes. Listener nodded, and Gill faced the room.
"I have to show you guys something." He picked up a rock and said, "Float up to touch the ceiling, then gently float back down into my talons."
The rock lifted out of his talons. Magma gasped. Is Gill an animus? The rock touched the ceiling and floated back down to Gill's talons.
"I'm an animus."