22

Once the Talons of Power saw that Vulture was dead, they immediately surrendered.
"Phew," Qibli said. "No more evil grandpa. What happened to Scarlet?"
He got his answer when Peril thumped down in front of him. "Ashes."
"Good job." Qibli said to his friend.
Peril smiled at him. "It was no big deal. I'm just glad she's dead. She threatened my hatchlings."
Qibli's jaw dropped. "That's extremely low, but given that she was allied with Burn, who dropped an egg off a cliff, it makes sense."
"Are we all celebrating?" Snowfall asked. The IceWing Queen limped toward them. "Because I just turned Wasp into a frozen statue."
"My niece is dead?" They watched as an old HiveWing walked up to them. She wore glasses, and had red freckles covering her snout.
"Yep. I killed her myself." Snowfall said.
The old HiveWing's face broke out into a huge grin. "Good riddance to her. This is a great day." She then walked over to Queen Jewel.
"Okay, that was weird." Peril said. "Who was that?"
"That is Lady Scarab." Qibli said. "She's the mother of Queen Jewel, and she and Wasp hated each other."
"Oh." Peril said. "That makes sense. Where's Wasp's body?"
"In this weird room full of creepy statues." Snowfall said. "I'm going to ask Thorn about it."
"I think I know what that room is," Qibli said. "It's a tribute to the Mothers of the Scorching."
"The Mothers of the Scorching?" Luna asked. "Who were they?"
"The dragonesses who gathered the other dragons together to burn down humankind." Qibli explained.
"I want to see this room." Luna said. "Right now."