16

Magma watched as a bunch of dragons ran past her. She stepped out of her hiding place, and ran right into Prince Cliff.
"Maggie?" Cliff said. "What are you doing out here? You should be in the safe room with your siblings!"
"But I wanna help!" Magma yelled.
"You can help by staying hidden!" Cliff said, grabbing one of Magma's talons to drag her off to the safe room.
"Hello, little grandson." A slithery voice said. Scarlet stepped out of the shadows, smiling. "Remember me?"
Cliff spread his wings, blocking Scarlet's view of Magma. "Yeah, I remember." He said. "That day was hard to forget."
"What is it you're so cutely trying to protect?" Scarlet asked, stepping closer to Cliff. "Is that a dragonet?"
With surprising strength, Scarlet grabbed Cliff and flung him out of the way, revealing Magma, who had never felt smaller.
"Well, well, well, a SkyWing-MudWing hybrid," Scarlet said, looking at Magma's snout and wings. "You look very familiar..." she said as she reached out to touch Magma.
The dragonet promptly bit the SkyWing's talon.
Scarlet roared, and shot a blast of fire at Magma.
The SkyWing smiled, clearly expecting Magma to crumble in pain, only for the fire to do absolutely nothing.
"WHAT!?!" Scarlet roared.
Magma tried to run, only for Scarlet to grab onto her.
"Well, I'll be, Peril had a dragonet." She mused. "And your father must be that MudWing." A wicked grin spread across Scarlet's face. Magma shivered.
"This is going to be thrilling."