Chapter 26

Jay and Sunoo were scurrying around the corridors. Jay's hand never left Sunoo after then. Both spotted Heeseung standing, eyes only on the room's door where Sunghoon was.

"Heeseung Hyung! Did the Doctor tell you something about his condition?" Jay asked in a hustle, but Heeseung wasn't paying attention to the people next to him. He was clearly not hearing them until he felt someone's touch.

"H-hyung..." A soft voice echoed in Heeseung's mind, and he came to his senses.

"Sunoo!" Heeseung's eyes widened after seeing the sudden arrival of the younger, who in his opinion shouldn't have come here.

The older didn't waste a second and took the younger in his arms. Both hands grabbed Sunoo's shoulders tightly, and his eyes only shed thousands of tears. Hee's emotions took hold of him.

"I c-couldn't protect you. I'm s-sorry, Sunoo." Heeseung spoke between his sobs, making Sunoo more ashamed.

"It's not your fault, H-hyung. Everything will be alright." Sunoo closed his arms around the older's waist to comfort him.

Honestly, Jay never saw Heeseung like that. He was never so fragile. He never needed someone to lean on. But the situation made him helpless.

After a while of waiting, Hyun came into view. He suspired before speaking.

"How is he?" Jay asked anxiously. Praying not to hear any bad news.

"He made it!" Hyun smiled widely and saw the same happiness on others' faces but with tears. As a Doctor, saving his patient's life was a lifetime achievement for him.

Jay hugged the crying Heeseung while Sunoo thanked the Doctor. Everything was relieving now. Sunghoon literally got a second chance to live and correct his past blunders.

"You can meet him, but when he gets conscious." He patted Heeseung's shoulder and went on his way, beaming.

The anticipation of meeting his brother suddenly fell. The happiness turned into concern on the older's face. And this noticed the other two.

"What happened, Hyung? He is ok now." Jay spoke, and Sunoo nodded to the statement.

"H-how will I face him? I really hurt him-"

"You did nothing. It was all due to those situations you were in. Anyone could react like that." Jay tried to reassure him that he was never responsible for whatever happened in the past. But maybe someone else's.

And this made Sunoo feel more culpable. No one was under stress better than him. Things were constantly driving him crazier. But he had to settle things up.

                                            __________.__________

About half an hour after, a nurse called them to meet their patient. But Sunoo didn't go with them since he wanted to meet him alone. This confused Heeseung, but all his attention was on Sunghoon, so he let it be.

The doorknob opened slowly, showing Heeseung and Jay.

Apparently, Sunghoon got lost in his thoughts, eyes capturing the busy Seoul view from the wide window.

Jay signalled Heeseung to call him, and with all his courage, he said his name to gain the younger's attention.

"S-sunghoon!" The older almost whispered but caught Sunghoon off guard. Because Sunghoon never expected his brother to be here.

Tears began to roll down his cheeks, and he clenched the bed's sheets firmly. His eyes never met Heeseung's.

Heeseung chose to go further and try to comfort his terrified brother. But this made him more startled.