Act One, Scene Three

AN: I promise Jacob did not mean to hurt her. Just her books.

Setting: Hogwarts Corridor

Trigger Warnings: Burning of books and clothing items

Third year Lily Potter, who'd just turned fourteen two weeks prior, enters, carrying several books she'd previously checked out from the library. as well as notes she'd been using for study. She is clearly struggling in this moment. Jack, Jake, and Jason enter. Their intentions towards Lily are quite cruel.

Jack: Wagwhan, Potter!

Jake: What're you doing out here all by yourself?!

Lily (only slightly phased): And what are you three bootleg roadmen doing out this late?

Jason (wand out): In our defence, yeah, we got bored.

Jack: Those are some nang books you got there, g. It'd be a shame if someone were to, y'know-

Jason: (smirks wickedly) Incendio?

And just like that, Lily's copy of "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" goes up in flames, along with her Transfiguration textbook, and all of her notes. Lily drops everything immediately, but the fire is quickly spreading. The boys start laughing.

Lily (panic sets in): Can you not be so out of pocket for once in your - (hoodie catches on fire) OUCH!

Lily rapidly tries putting out the fire.

Jake (suddenly alarmed by Lily's clothes being set alight): Wha- Did you have to set her ablaze, fam?

Jason: Hold on, I'll fix it.

Jason conjures up a bucket of ice water and dumps it on Lily's head. The other two boys laugh.

Jack: You know what? Close enough.

Jake: Well, Potter, I say you should try being a little grateful; At least your garms aren't on fire anymore.

Jack: How'd you buy them anyway? With DaDdY's MoNeY?!

Jason: Well, her dad IS the chosen one, so it makes sense that she'd-

Scorpius enters and points his wand at the three boys.

Scorpius (with fire): Hey, don't you b*st*rds have anything better to do than pick on a fourteen-year-old girl an hour before curfew?!

Jake (stunned): Well it's not like we WANTED to set her garms on fire, or physically harm her; That part happened on accident.

Scorpius: Guys, get the heck out of here before I take all your kneecaps and sell them on the dark web!

The triplets hesitate, then hurry off, muttering and cursing amongst themselves. Scorpius picks up the books that went mostly unscathed and hands them to Lily. It is easy to tell there is something there as they lock eyes. Yup, they're star-crossed lovers alright.

Scorpius: You alright, Lily?

Lily: Yeah... but my books aren't.

Scorpius: You want me to walk you back to your common room?

Lily: (smiles at him) Yeah, that would be great.

Scorpius smiles back at Lily puts his arm around her, and they start off toward the Gryffindor common room.

Exit