Act Three, Scene One

AN: Wattpad will only let me put one video in the header, so I'll link "Hello, Hello" (because when I wrote this, I said "That's it, I'm getting the gnomes involved") at the bottom.

Fun fact about this chapter: Much like Myrtle, Louis was not supposed to be in this fic. I meant for him to be introduced in the third installment, but Louis is such a complex character - especially when it comes to his love life - that I knew I'd need several fics to flesh him out, especially since if this fic were turned into a movie, the viewers would only get to see him as James' accomplice with a tiny crush on his best friend's sister.

Also, for plot convenience, let's just assume the staff at Hogwarts somehow managed to find a way to make Muggle tech work at Hogwarts.

Setting: The (People-Safe) Chamber of Secrets

Trigger Warnings: N/A

Scorpius and Lily are dancing to "Hello Hello" by Elton John and Lady Gaga in the centre of the Chamber. As the music fades, the two lovers hold each other close in silence.

Scorpius: (gazes into Lily's eyes) I have to admit, this has legitimately been the best night I've had in my entire life.

Lily: Agreed. I haven't been this happy since... Well, I don't think I've EVER been this happy before.

The pair are about to kiss, when Myrtle abruptly appears in their presence, panicked.

Myrtle: We've got a code red! James is halfway down here, you need to hide!

Lily: Oh no! Where would we hide here, anyway?

A beat. Myrtle disappears Scorpius notices a tunnel on the side of the chamber and gets an idea.

Scorpius: I got it! Follow me!

Scorpius takes Lily's hand in his and guides her through one of the side passageways in the Chamber as Lily's brother, seventh-year James Potter, enters, followed by his cousin, fifth-year Louis Weasley. Albus hastily follows them.

James: What's the matter with you, Albus? You look tense still, blud.

Albus: It's nothing. This place gives me the creeps, that's all.

James: Oh, suck it up, bruv! You're the one who has to sleep under the black lake every night!

As the two boys argue in the background, Louis slips away into the same tunnel Scorpius and Lily are huddled together within. He stops dead in his tracks when he sees them together. The pair do not see him looking on, nor do James and Albus know he is gone.

Lily: What if he catches us?

Scorpius: He won't. Albus will keep him distracted. (Squeezes Lily's hand in his.)

Lily: You really think so?

Scorpius: Of course. If last year taught me anything, it's that you can get away with going anywhere if you stay quiet.

Scorpius takes this opportunity to wrap his arms around Lily. He tenderly kisses her forehead and gazes into her eyes as if he was holding an angel in his arms. Meanwhile, Louis seems to weigh out his options - stay silent, or rat out the couple. While he and James had been close since they were mere toddlers, Louis relates to Scorpius in particular; He'd been longing for the same kind of relationship with his own best friend, Brett McLaggen's, sister, Anastasia, for the past two years. Yet, for Louis, love always seemed so out of reach. Not wanting to ruin the moment, and letting any slight resentment he'd had toward Scorpius fade, Louis leaves the pair be, and rejoins James and Albus, the latter pleading for James to leave the Bluetooth speaker on the ground alone. James doesn't know it belongs to Scorpius, but Albus and Louis do.

Albus (begging at this point): I'm telling you, James, you don't know where that speaker's been!

James: Wha? D'you think the ting's got rona or something, bruv?

Louis: (abruptly steps forward): No, actually, I- it wouldn't.

James: What makes you say that, fam?

Louis: Be- Because it's mine. I was down here last weekend revising for the Herbology quiz, and left it-

James (surprised): You revise here?

Albus (even more surprised): You revise?

Louis: Yeah, blud. I was listening to some bare bangers while going through my notes and my brains must have gone clapped still because I pulled a stupid and left the ting down here.

A beat as James processes this information.

James (nonchalantly): Rahh, that's valid still, fam.

He hands Louis the speaker, then turns to Albus.

James: Well, we should get you out of here before curfew. You've gotten into too much trouble over the past few years to be caught lacking this late at night.

Albus (relieved): YES- I mean, um, (clears throat) yeah. Yeah, we should go.

James gives Albus a perplexed look, then starts off toward the exit. Albus and Louis are following behind him when Louis speaks up.

Louis (aside, to Albus): You owe me. (a beat) Big time.

Albus nods in understanding, then the two exit. After a brief moment, Scorpius and Lily emerge from their hiding spot, hand in hand. Scorpius notices his speaker is missing.

Scorpius (worried sick for multiple reasons): Pardon my french, (inhales) but where the frick is my speaker?

Lily (also worried): Based on what I heard... With Louis.

The pair look at each other with fear in their eyes, knowing they have possibly been exposed.

Exit