Freshman 006

"Sorry. I can see that not telling you ended up worrying the both of you more." Tatsuya said.

"Then may we watch it too?" Miyuki asked.

"It's not like you're not related to this, and I think it's better to share the information." He said and nodded towards Haruto who sighed.

"Cabinet nams: Blanche. Open." Haruto said and a bunch of files, data and their logo appeared on the tv screen.

"The international anti-magic political organization, Blanche, is behind this. The organisation we spoke about during lunch, right?" Kaguya said.

"On the surface, they help out grassroots campaigns and consider themselves to be a citizen movement. Behind the scenes, they're prominent terrorists." Haruto said.

"Advocating the end of discrimination, they decry the fact that competent magicians recieve superior standing. And they are maneuvering within the school...is certain." Tatsuya said.

"Those people attacked you and First High?" Miyuki asked.

"During our Disciplinary Committee activities, we saw a student who appeared to be a member of Egalite, a subordinate organisation of Blanche." Tatsuya said.

"A Magic High School student at the Magic High School?" Miyuki asked.

"Those unable to wield magic and those with inferior magic skills wrap their jealousy and realities in an idea called "equality," and toy with weak souls. That's Blache's modus operandi." Haruto said.

"Then, the reason why they targeted First High..." Kaguya said.

"Just because they have inferior grades in magic, they're looked down upon as "weeds" and regarded with contempt. Right now, that's par for the course at First High which is truly a microcosm of society. Blanche is taking advantage of that." Haruto said.

"Even though they promote anti-magic ideology, they aren't outwardly rejecting magic. Their pledge us to abolish the social discrimination caused by magic. So what "discrimination" are they referring to?" Tatsuya asked.

"That the individual's skills and hard work doesn't reflect compensation from society?" Miyuki said.

"The discrimination Blanche speaks of id disparity in average salaries. Part of it is that the average salary of magicians is high, and because they're top earners who possess skills which are important for society." Tatsuya said.

"Maybe those who can't use magic don't know that using magic requires more than only skills, but also long-term schooling and practice?" Kaguya suggested.

"No, they know that. They know that, but don't mention it. They don't say or think anything inconvenient. By only talking about things which sound good, they deceive others and themselves." Tatsuya said.

"So Magic High School students are participating in Egalite too?" Kaguya asked and he nodded.

"Good or bad, magic is a power. Just like financial or military might. They ultimately don't want to let go of magic, but they can't bear the thought that they're not seen as fully qualified people. They don't consider the fact that those who are working at the forefront, have to pay compensation called hard work. They reject evaluation based on magic and discrimination. Well it's not like I don't understand that kind of weakness. I have feelings like that, too." Tatsuya said.

"That's not true! Brother, you have skills that nobody else has! Even if you don't have the same skills as others, doesn't that mean you have put more effort into it than everyone else?!" Miyuki argued.

"But at what price Miyuki?" Kaguya asked.

"Kaguya..." Miyuki said, seeing the sad smile on her face.

"Because we have skills that nobody else has. The price for such unique abilities are double if not...even more painful and unbearable. Sometimes I envy people not skilled in magic, they get to live a life where no one expects anything great from them able to live their lives no matter how insignificant without having to drag other people down alongside them for the sake of power...I'd hate to admit but without these powers I would also be clinging onto Blanche's beautiful idea of equality even if it were all a lie." She said but no one could ignore how she raised her trembling hands to hold herself.