Nine Schools Competition 001

☆☆☆☆☆

July 9, 2095

The girls were looking at their rankings for their tests.

"Yay!" Honoka cheered as they all made it to the top five.

"Well, the results are just as expected, huh?" Shizuku said.

"Congratulations to you, too, Kaguya, Miyuki!" Honoka smiled.

"Thank you!" Miyuki smiled but Kaguya was in her own world as she looked at the rankings as she placed second overall beside Tatsuya. She blushed thinking of how he'll praise her once they see each other.

While she was in her thoughts the other girls smiled at her adorable reaction.

"That's the one thing about Kaguya that disappoints me." Shizuku said.

""Or maybe you mean it's adorable! But these scores should get all three of us picked for the Nine School Competition!" Honoka said.

"Yeah. That's why I crammed like crazy to make it. I want to get chosen, no matter what!" Shizuka said with eyes full of flaming determination.

"Shizuku, you're on fire. What's going on?" Miyuki asked.

"Oh, the Nine Schools Competition always sends Shizuku into beast mode. Every year, she goes alone to watch...to gather data on all the frontrunners." Honoka said.

"That's a good spirit to have Shizuka, you won't be a spectator but a contestant!" Kaguya smiled.

"Yeah. I hope it turns out that way." Shizuka agreed with a small yet excited smile.

☆☆☆☆☆

Student Council Room

"No official announcements yet on our lineup, but this year's class of rookies is so deep, we can really depend on them!" Miyuki praised as she looked at the roster for the competition.

"Mitsui and Kitayama are sure to be picked, too. The National Magic High School Goodwill Tournament of Magical Skills...also known as the "Nine Schools Competition." Every year, the cream of the crop of magic high school students gather to compete against each other on this dazzling stage. I'm expecting great things from you both as valuable assets of our team! I'm counting on you both!" She said to the girls.

"Okay!"

"We won't let you down."

☆☆☆☆☆

2095-07-12 Kyuuchouji Temple.

Yakumo-sensei had multiple little balls of blue flames hovering in the air, Kaguya and Miyuki had shot up into the air and used their wands to strike at the flames.

Kaguya landed on the back of a tree and cast magic to send her up into the air and she struck a flame before Miyuki could reach it.

"Hey!" Miyuki whined.

"Bleh!" Kaguya stuck out her tongue in jest and Miyuki pouted as they landed on the ground. Tatsuya watched on proudly while Haruto sat on the floor recording everything on camera while typing data on the laptop on his lap.

"Who's there?" Tatsuya asked as he glared towards the tree line.

"Hey, Haruka-kun!" Yakumo greeted towards the woman who appeared from the tree line.

"I didn't think I'd be noticed by sensei, let alone you Shiba-kun." Ono said.

"If you want to trick him, you shouldn't remove all traces of yourself. Instead you should fabricate them...I'm surprised you didn't notice Haruto-kun." Yakumo said.