Nine Schools Competition 005

✩✩✩✩✩

𝗔𝘂𝗴𝘂𝘀𝘁 8, 2025

𝗕𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗕𝗼𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗩𝗲𝗻𝘂𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗜𝗰𝗲 𝗣𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗮𝗿𝘀 𝗕𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗸 𝗥𝗼𝗼𝗸𝗶𝗲 𝗘𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀

The entire day Kaguya was an great power on the course, every round she defeated her opponents her, in every round she would use a multitude of spirits not shying away in types that no one no matter how hard they tried could match up to.

In other words, she was a complete beast.

The semi-finals were coming up and she would be up against the favorite to win from Third High School Tsukushiin Touko.

"You've done well, are you feeling right Kaguya?" Haruto asked as they were in their waiting room, he asked this because he kept tabs on the fluctuations of her emotional state and how can they not after what happened, but she's composed herself quite well.

"Yes." She replied.

"Alright, but don't push youself. You may not run out of mana but you can still suffer from mental exhaustion. Go take a walk to and maybe have some fresh air. I'll call you back thirty minutes before the semi-finals." He suggested.

"Mm. Thanks Haruto." She nodded and got up and decided to get a drink before going on that walk.

"Hello there!"

Kaguha turned and came face to face with Touko who stood right behind her.

"Hello." She greeted.

"So we're finally going up against each other, I've been looking forward to this all day!" She smiled, her bubbly personality and her traditional way of speaking brought a smile to Kaguya's face.

"Yes, me too. I've watched your boarding and I have to say it's rare to find someone who is so beloved by the water spirits." She said.

"Oh! So you've been talking to them?!" Touko sparkled.

"Y-Yes, all good things." Kaguya was a bit taken aback as the shorter girl who got close.

"That's cool, but you know ever since I first saw you I could tell...you have the aura of a king." Touko spoke cheekily as she stared at Kaguya curiously the sudden statement Kaguya by surprise as her eyes widened.

"Am I right?"

"I wonder about that." Kaguya shruggdd in amusement. "If you'll excuse me." She smiled and walked away.

"Oh wait, there's one more thing!" Touko called.

"Yes?"

"Please, unlike your previous matches I request that you do not hold back!" Touko exclaimed and at first Kaguya looked at the girl as though she was crazy, but then she realised the look of determination in the blunettes ember gaze.

"Don't regret it." She warned as she turned away.

✩✩✩✩✩

Kaguya stood atop her board, Tsukushiin Touko was on her right and another boarder from Fourth High School on her left.

They were silent as they waited for the signal to proceed.