14

6:00AM:

Perry's alarm goes off on her phone, and she shuts it off quickly so it doesn't disturb Billie. Perry starts the shower water and flosses her teeth while she waits for the water to warm up. A few minutes into flossing Perry sticks her hand into the shower. It's finally warm. Perry throws her dental floss out and hops in.

15 Minutes Later:

Perry hops out of the shower and finishes getting herself ready for work. Billie wakes up and is confused. What's going on? Billie thinks to herself. 

"Mommy what are you doing?" Billie asks in a sleepy voice.

"Mommy's gotta go to work. I'm getting ready to head out in a little bit." Perry says.

"Wait for me mommy. I go to work with mommy too?" Billie asks.

"I'm sorry baby, but you can't go with mommy today. You can stay here while mommy's at work." Perry says.

"Nooooooo! I wanna go! Pwease mommy." Billie pleads with puppy dog eyes.

"Sorry baby. Mommy has to go in by herself today. Sorry. You be a good girl while mommy's gone ok." Perry says.

"It's not fair! Waaaaaaaaaa!" Billie cries.

Perry sighs while Billie throws herself on the floor and cries nonstop. Billie's first temper tantrum. Perry has never seen Billie so upset before. 

"Shhhh, It's ok baby." Perry coos.

"NO!" Billie shouts.

Billie grabs a pen off the counter and tries stabbing her arm with it.

"Billie no! Stop hurting yourself and acting up or I'm going to restrain you!" Perry says sternly while ripping the pen out of Billie's hand. 

Challenge accepted. Billie glares at Perry, and starts throwing her toys super hard across the floor. Perry sighs and grabs Billie and straps her onto the changing table. 

"I wasn't kidding. Now you lay here and chill out." Perry says sternly. 

"Waaaaaaa!" Billie cries.

Perry grabs a pacifier and puts it in Billie's mouth, and holds onto it with her fingers so that Billie can't spit it out right away. Billie starts sucking on the pacifier and starts taking deep breaths and relaxes a little bit. 

10 Minutes Later:

Billie falls asleep, and Perry takes a seat on the couch. At this point she's already late for work, and Billie is super stressed. Perry is considering calling off. 

25 Minutes Later:

Billie wakes up.

"Mama?" Billie lisps through her pacifier.

"Hi kiddo. How are we feeling? That was quite the tantrum you threw." Perry says while walking up to the changing table.

"I-I'm sowwy." Billie pouts.

"Mommy forgives you. Since you're laying here I might as well change you." Perry says and then places a kiss on Billie's forehead.

Billie smiles and Perry changes her. After the diaper change Perry unbuckles Billie and carries her to the recliner.

"I love you so much boo boo." Perry coos.

"I wuv you too mommy." Billie giggles.

Perry rocks the two of them in the recliner for a little bit.

"Mommy my tummy huwts." Billie pouts.

Hmm is she lying? Maybe. Or perhaps her stomach actually does hurt from all the crying.