Chapter 22: Dunk Shot

The show was over.

Dani was overwhelmed by how... good everything was. Was everyone always that talented? It seemed like she was in a school full of idols. Everyone was unbelievably cool.

"How did you like it, Dani?" Yangyang asked her. She peered over at the Chinese boy, her eyes still twinkling with wonder. He chuckled, "Seemed like you enjoyed it."

"It makes me sad that I never watched the shows before," Dani replied, giving a pout. "Everyone was so good! I can't even believe I'm in the midst of such people."

"Aren't you overdoing it?"

"Maybe."

Dani felt a tap on her shoulder. "Hey, Dani, they said they're going to come out now from the outside," Jaemin told her enthusiastically, already standing up from his seat along with Renjun. "We should go out to meet them."

"Sounds good!"

Along with Yangyang, the four of them left the auditorium along with the crowd. The outside was now dark, the moon high in the sky. It's amazing how much time flew while watching the show.

They tried to find a good spot that was spacious enough to wait. It didn't take too long for their group to see their fellow friends emerging from the sea of people. Despite them seeing each other, it did take the three a while to reach them, as they were swarmed with fans (even Geurim), classmates, teachers, and visitors alike. Dani beamed, it was nice to see Geurim getting love for her fantastic dancing.

Eventually, the three of them reached their awaiting friends. Jaemin didn't hesitate to greet his girlfriend with a crushing hug, twirling her around in the air. "How can you not tell me you were performing? You totally killed it!"

"Yeah! Geurim, I never knew you would be this good in dancing," Dani chimed just as Geurim was set back down on the ground. "Now, how the hell did you end up doing it?"

"Sorry everyone," Geurim replied sheepishly to everyone. "It was a last-minute decision. The person that was supposed to perform suddenly quit on them due to some personal reasons and Jimin was telling me about it. Before I knew it, I was telling her I would do it since it's our last year and all... I wanted it to be a surprise to everyone."

"You surely did surprise us," Renjun murmured giving the shorter girl the stink eye. "But I guess it made sense. You were always a fast learner when it came to your dances."

"Do you ever miss it, Geurim?" Dani asked her, genuinely curious. "Being in Dance Club, I mean?"

Geurim hummed as she pondered about the question. She gave her friends a smile. "Occasionally, because I don't get to dance as much. But, since Jimin gave me this opportunity, I'm pretty satisfied." She then turned to Donghyuck and Jeno, placing her hands on their shoulders. "You guys can stop showering me with compliments, I wasn't the only one on stage."

"Yeah, I finally sang a song I made and I get overshadowed from someone that isn't part of the dance team anymore!" Donghyuck huffed in a teasing manner, while he adjusted his guitar case on his back.

"You just didn't have the shock factor Geurim had," Renjun responded with a shrug, much to Jeno and Donghyuck's dismay.

Donghyuck then looked over at Dani, who was definitely caught off guard from his sudden gaze. "What did you think of the song? Doesn't it make your heart skip a beat?"

Dani thought back to when he performed. His smooth voice, the honey sweet lyrics. He looked...

Hah. What was she thinking just now?

"Well, if you want to know, it made my heart skip a beat!" Yangyang cut in, giving the boy a playful wink. Everyone laughed as Donghyuck had a disgusted expression, shoving the basketball captain away. Dani stood behind Yangyang in silence. She could've played around too. Why the hell did she hesitate?