Chapter 26: Bungee

Time had passed for the high schoolers.

A couple weeks had passed since Yangyang and Dani had their first date. Despite Dani being able to recommend places they can go on their second date, Yangyang had been busy with basketball games as it now filled up his weekends. It didn't look possible to have their second date anytime soon without the captain being exhausted. They even tried one of their small 'hang-outs' after school, but he was absolutely drained of energy. So Dani decided it was best they postpone the next date until his schedule clears up.

It was the same with Jeno. He had taekwondo competitions to attend to as well, being the school's star athlete. Jeno was practicing before and after school, and he didn't even have time to rest on the weekends, as he had his part-time job and their study sessions. He missed out on one already, since it clashed with a shift. Dani never realized how tough it was being an athlete in our school.

Not even the athletes, everyone seemed busier nowadays. Renjun and Geurim started taking up classes at prep academies. Tutoring revved up for Jaemin, so he had more students to take care of as more signed up in the program.

And Donghyuck had his singing lessons he goes to from time to time, although they were lessons given from a hyung close to him, so it wasn't required. Not only that, but he was trying his hardest to ask out Sua. Even with the pointers Dani gave him, he hadn't mustered the courage to do it yet.

And Dani was quite busy herself too. She talked to Teacher Jeong about how she should approach into making up her portfolio for college. So during club hours, she would be working closely with the teacher in filling out sketchbooks and painting new artworks. Teacher Jeong that she should stay true to what she enjoying drawing, to never stray away from her personal style, but to tackle new objects to draw to broaden her portfolio.

It was definitely a busy time.

Summer break was right around the corner, but it couldn't come soon enough.

Well, not all was bad during these trying times.

"Oh, Jingyi-yah, over here!" Geurim called out. Dani smiled as she waved the younger girl over to the vending machine.

Zhao Jingyi got closer to Geurim, which only meant she became closer to Dani too. The three of them had much more in common than they thought. Nowadays, the two seniors would meet with the younger during their breaks so they can chat about the recent episodes of their favorite dramas, as well as other things. Dani found herself turning to Jingyi for makeup advice, as she began to get more interested in products.

Jingyi was bubbly and cute. Dani was glad that that the younger turned out better than... the others. She proved herself that she had never meant to be so mean to them before, it was pressure from her two ex-friends.

Dani did feel bad for her in some ways. Ever since being exposed as a bully, Jingyi had been somewhat outcast by her peers. She finally learned that while she's a core performer on the dance team, most of the people have steered away from her (mostly due to Doah's doing, as she played the victim in the situation). Jimin was one of the few that was still friendly with Jingyi on the team. And with her Chinese Youth Group... while she maintained some relationships with some, some others have been broken... Renjun's specifically.

Jingyi told the girls that she didn't mind Renjun treated her coldly, because she knew she broke his trust. Dani didn't like that. Sure, Jingyi had done something she never should have done but she showed she had changed already.

"Dani-sunbae, here!" Jingyi handed over a small tube. Dani curiously stared at it in her hands, it was a lip stain. "I only tried it once, it's a brand I really like! I thought the color would match your skin tone beautifully."