Chapter 3: Over Spicy Rice Cakes

The end of the day has come, the final bell ringing above for all the tired students and school staff.

Dani sat in her desk with a million thoughts in her mind, none of which were on the lessons taught today.

The scene from lunch break had replayed over and over in her mind like a broken record. It burned a rage within her every time she remembered it. Bullying was such a horrible thing, but to bully someone like Woo Geurim? And over something like dating a guy? It made Dani's blood boil. What made it more hair-pulling was that she froze behind the door of the staircase, standing there like a dumbass when she could've jumped in to help.

Was it so engraved in her head to not bother with other people that she lost her sense of justice?

She had to do something now but what?

Dani had no clue how to approach Geurim about the situation. They weren't friends. Geurim would probably find it weird if she butted into her business all of a sudden.

Fuck it, maybe she'll just get to it tomorrow instead. She'll think up of more ways on how to tackle the problem, maybe even ask her parents about it too.

Subconsciously, her eyes drifted over to where Geurim was.

To her relief, she was chatting with Renjun and Jeno at the far corner of the classroom, and they all look to be laughing over something. Dani let out a sigh; at least she wouldn't have to worry about her right now. She was in good hands, being close to the class president and taekwondo star.

Once making up her mind, she threw her stuff into her bag and began to leave. It seemed like her classmates have lost interest to asking her questions about Donghyuck. Maybe the boy did something that made them all think their interaction was irrelevant.

Good, at least she could have some peace again.

Dani exited the school and strolled over to the bike area. Her eyes instantly locked onto her awaiting bike.

However, that wasn't the only thing waiting for her there.

"Baek Dani!" Donghyuck beamed while waving at her, a smile so ominously bright. The girl bit down on her tongue, trying not to spill any profanity while on school grounds. She simply walked over to her black bicycle and started to unchain it. She could feel his presence come nearer, and all she wanted to do was flee. She thought she was done with this boy? "Did you get in trouble by any chance? Your home room teacher is so scary, one glare can turn anyone into stone! I'll make it up to you!"

Dani gave him a close lipped smile, obviously forced. "No, but thank you. I miraculously didn't get in trouble. Now, if you excuse me." She lugged her bike out from the metal bars.

"A-Ah, would you like a friend to ride with? Where you riding to?" Donghyuck scrambled back to what seemed to be his own bike, a flashy red one. Dani glanced at it for a second longer, knowing damn well she had seen it somewhere else before. But, she couldn't bother to dwell on it. "We can be bike buddies! I don't usually have much to do after school since I didn't join any clubs this year. Are you going somewhere fun?"

"Lee Donghyuck, please," Dani hissed under her breath. The stares were back. She could feel how the students were glimpsing over at them, just like this morning. Second strike, more people were going to flood her with questions again, more so than before. "I know you're trying to butter me up or whatever, but my answer is still no, so please don't bother me anymore."

His expression shifted, he looked like a sad puppy dog with his brows scrunched together and his lips pouted.

Dani grimaced at the sight of it.