Chapter 5: Uninvited

A couple days have passed ever since Dani had talked to Geurim about the bullying situation.

Dani didn't have to jump to help as much as she expected. Geurim had kept herself occupied with her friends, and made sure not to go to places alone. It gave Dani peace in her mind that she didn't have to worry about her too much and seemed to be doing well on her own now.

Slowly, things began to turn normal.

Dani was back to being unbothered by her classmates. They all seemed to have gotten the message of what had happened between her and Donghyuck, and it became old news quick. Maybe, Yangyang did spread the information in her stead and helped calm down the ravenous gossipers.

The girl could focus into her studies again, and into her goal of getting into her dream college.

"Alright, everyone, good job at your mock exams," Teacher Do announced after retrieving everyone's papers. The whole classroom was a tired mess, after using all their brain power for today. "We'll have the grades up soon and we'll start our student evaluations in due time. With the questions you filled out earlier this semester, we should be able to talk about your future."

This earned some groans from some, while Dani was honestly excited. She had been prepared for these talks since she became a senior. She was one step closer to studying abroad. It's less than a year now... not even, it could be in a few months time if this all works out.

"Oho, don't even bother! I want the best for each and every one of you, okay?" The teacher tutted at the students. "If you try to avoid this, I will scope you out and make sure we talk about it, so don't try to run away. That's it for today, then."

Everyone began packing up their things for the end of the day. Teacher Do then called over Geurim, in which she quickly hurried over to their homeroom teacher's side. "Please, can you bring this to the teachers' room? I have to meet with the principal briefly and I don't know how long it'll take."

"Sure, Teacher Do, you can count on me," Geurim chimed with a nod.

"Thank you, afterwards, you're free to go then." As the teacher finally left the room, everyone started to go too. Dani's senses tingled, when she saw the small scene play out. She watched as Geurim talked to Jeno and Renjun, and bid them farewell before they left.

What was she doing?

She wasn't going to ask them to walk with her?

The time has come. Dani stumbled up and rushed out of the classroom to follow after Geurim before she could lose her. To her right, she saw Renjun and Jeno walking together, the opposite direction to where Geurim had to go. To her left...

"Geurim!" Dani sputtered in surprise.

The black-haired girl stood just outside the classroom, a smile to her face at Dani's presence. "Care to come with me to the teacher's room, Dani?" She asked her in an innocent tone.

Dani could only bite down at her tongue, as she gestured for Geurim to go ahead. With that, the two teenagers began their walk down the hallway. "You're quite cheeky. You knew I was going to come along."

"And I appreciate it," Geurim replied. "Besides, the boys have somewhere to be, they were ready to dip the moment Teacher Do excused us."

Dani scoffed, "Some friends they are for leaving you behind. Aren't the club meetings cancelled today because of the mock exams?"

"They are. But like, its been a long time since the boys have been able to hang out on a weekday," Geurim replied. "They've been planning since forever to go to an arcade altogether or whatever."