Chapter 30: Better and Better

"I'll help bring him home, so don't worry too much on it. Honestly, I'm sure he was milking the whole thing to skip out on class."

"Thanks, Injun. I love this support from my best friend."

Dani glanced between the two boys in front of her. Her and Renjun had finished their time at Art Club and went over to the nurse's office to pick up their injured friend. When they arrived, Donghyuck looked more than comfy on the bed, the table-stand filled with drinks and snacks. He smiled when he noticed them come in, even with that bandage on his forehead.

"People are seriously treating you like some hospital patient," Dani sighed as she picked up some peach gummies from the stash. She grabbed a bag of honey butter chips next. Some of these definitely didn't come from their school vending machine. "Shotaro already left?"

"Yeah, he felt okay, so the nurse let him go," Donghyuck replied. "Have more sympathy for me!"

"Hyuck, I was the one that brought you here," the girl deadpanned as she set down the bagged snacks. "What even happened on the field?"

The two art students stared at him, waiting for some answer. Donghyuck just shrugged his shoulders at them. "My mind went somewhere else for a split moment. Next thing I knew, I was knocked to the ground, my head hurting."

"What? Thinking of noona?" Renjun huffed.

At the mere mention, Donghyuck gasped, "Injun—"

"No, I'm not bringing you to Heart's Cafe, you're going straight home."

"But, I promised noona I was going to come visit her," he muttered with a frown.

Dani scoffed, "Maybe you shouldn't have gotten injured." This earned a glower from the boy. "Just tell her you can't go today."

"B-But..." From his backpack, he took out a small plastic bag. Inside was a few breads and pastries from his grandmother's bakery. "I have to bring these to her when its still super fresh."

"You can't do it tomorrow?" Renjun uttered, looking at him with an incredulous stare.

"It won't be the best though."

Renjun and Dani glanced at each other in utter disbelief. "Maybe you do have brain damage," the Chinese boy told him with a shake of his head. "You need to go home and rest, Hyuck, at least for today. You don't want to overdo it."

Donghyuck frowned. However, with one glimpse at the girl, an idea came to mind. Instantly, he shoved the bag of pastries into her hands. "Dani~ Can you bring these to noona for me?"

"Me?" Dani gaped.

"Yes, please, Dani?" He shot her a pleading look with puppy-dog eyes. The lass grimaced upon seeing his face, she had to look away. She hates to admit it, but it was cute and she could feel herself crumbling under the pressure. "Pleaseee?" With a groan, Dani nodded, earning a delighted cheer from the boy. "You're the best, Dani!"

"Shut up and go home, then," She grumbled, as the three of them walked out of the nurse's office together. They walked all the way to the bike rack. Dani unlocked her bike from the chain and hopped on. "I'll see you guys tomorrow. You better rest, okay?"

"Of course, thanks, Dani," Donghyuck grinned. "Get there safely." She said her goodbyes to the boys before pushing her pedal to go. Dani mentally readied herself. She'll just give the bread to Sua and go.

"Ohhh, I don't know what it is but you've gotten prettier and prettier every time I see you."

Dani refrained from rolling her eyes. "Thanks, Hangyul-sshi, but I'm here to deliver something for my cousin." She glimpsed over at Sua, who stood behind the counter.