Chapter 7: Convenience Store Trips

Oh glorious Saturday~

Dani's eyes fluttered open as she felt a light hit her eyelids. She turned in her bed and saw it was the damned sunlight that rudely woke her up. A low groan left her lips as she forced herself to stretch her arms and legs for the late morning.

She pushed herself off her bed and from there she realized the delicious aroma of food. Dani was like a zombie looking for brains, as she tiredly stomped out of her bedroom and into the dining. Both her parents were there, as they usually had weekends free from work.

Dani naturally settled herself at the table as her parents placed down more and more dishes. As her mother came over with a stew in hand, she gave a glare. Dani knew enough what that look meant. With a sigh, she stood up and skittered into the bathroom to wash her face and fix her rat's nest of hair. Once cleaned up, she returned back to the table in a more acceptable appearance.

Their much needed brunch then began, Dani didn't fail to pick into the braised beef ribs that was nearby. Not only Saturday, she could sleep longer than usual, but there was always a delicious meal to start the day.

Dani was already on her second bowl of the kimchi stew before she peeked up at her parents with a small, knowing smile to her lips. "So, you guys going anywhere fancy later?" She asked them before putting spoonful of rice into her mouth.

Every Saturday, her parents usually do date nights.

The date nights didn't use to be a thing years ago, but as Dani grew older and could be more independent, they probably felt more comfortable going out without worrying about her. Dani had to admit, she was one of the lucky ones to have parents who love each other so passionately and preciously. Their parents had always been sweet together and been each other's best friend.

Dani could only dream of a relationship like that in the future.

Her parents exchanged glances with each other. Her father then leaned in closer and replied, "There's this one restaurant that popped up nearby that we've been wanting to try. You know the one."

"The one next to that one boba place?"

"That's the one!" Her mother chimed, clapping her hands together. "One of my customers the other day was raving about their creme pasta, I'm so excited to try it. We'll make sure to order you some to go later."

Dani nodded her head, happy at the thought of trying some pasta later on. She continued on eating her food, savoring every bite of her parents' cooking. However, an unsettling feeling crawled up her neck. She glanced up, only to be met with her parents' gazes again. She perked a brow. "What is it?"

"We'll be gone for a few hours, you know," her mother said, now mindlessly picking at the bean sprouts on her plate. Dani only blinked at her as she took a sip of her water. "Are you planning on doing anything when we leave?"

"Me? I don't know, maybe finish rewatching Weightlifting Fairy," Dani muttered. "I do have an assignment to do for one class... and I did want to study through the questions I missed on the mock exam—"

"Sweetie." Dani halted at her father's voice. "What we're trying to say is that you should go out and have fun with your friends. I'm sure school hours isn't enough time to hang out with them. If you want, you can invite your friends to the house!"

Dani's eyes widened at the idea. What's more shocking was that both her parents were for it. Dani set down her silverware, fully staring at the two. "That's a bit much, no? I'm sure they're all busy already."

"You didn't even ask them yet, Dani! It doesn't hurt to ask," her mother uttered with a hopeless sigh. "It has already been a couple weeks since school started and I really would love to see a change for you for the last year! Actually, I already see a change ever since that Donghyuck child visited the stand with you."