Chapter 25: Swimming in Thoughts

Sunday afternoon.

Dani was in her bedroom, doing homework she needed to get done.

Well, trying to do homework.

"You didn't feel anything?" Geurim asked through their facetime call. Dani shook her head, frowning as she thought back to her date with Yangyang yesterday.

"I mean, besides the blisters on my feet... I don't know what's wrong with me. I know there's girls in school that would love to be in my shoes!" She huffed as she scribbled sunflowers in her notebook. Dani let out a sigh. "But, I don't want to give up after one date, you know?"

"That's true... but..." Geurim's words trailed off. She tried to think of what to say.

"It was just one date," Dani murmured, nodding her head along. The action movie and burger joint combination wasn't that romantic anyway. If they had picked a more romantic place then surely, she would've felt something. Stomach flipping, heart fluttering, skin tingling...

She swiveled on her chair and spotted Donghyuck's red flannel shirt washed and folded on top of her bed. It was nice of him to give it to her for the rest of the day. The flannel was able to cover more of her legs, much more comfortable than without.

Dani couldn't help but remember Yangyang's expression when she told him it was Donghyuck's. She pressed her lips together into a thin line as she stared at the shirt. That's right. That was so rude of her to do. But how could she say no? It's not like the boys knew she was going on a date, it would've been suspicious if she had declined it... but it was suspicious to have it.

Ugh.

"What are you up to today, Geurim?" Dani asked as she swirled her chair back to face her propped up phone. "I can't focus at all, I think I need to clear my head."

"Ah, sorry Dani, but I'm going to check this new bookstore with Jaemin today," Geurim muttered with a frown. "You can join us if you want..."

"Why would I be the third wheel? Forget it!"

"Should I cancel on Jaemin? We could always go on a different day."

"Are you crazy?"

"So, no?"

"No, Geurim, don't cancel on your date with Jaemin for my sake. I'll figure out something to do." Dani closed her notebook. She waved her friend off. "I'll talk to you later, okay? Let me know how good the cafe is."

"Of course. Bye, Dani!"

Once the call ended, Dani's mind went hazy with a million thoughts. She should figure out what would be nice to go for a second date. She opened her laptop and began searching through great date places. She found a couple that caught her eye but she wasn't sure if Yangyang would like them. Maybe she can message him the few she found.

She'll make it up to him.

"Sweetie!" With a couple knocks on her door, her mother peeked her head inside. Dani glimpsed over and saw her parents by the door. "We're going to swing by the market to get ingredients for my shop, so we'll be gone for a few hours. Do you want us to buy you some snacks while we're there?"

Dani grinned, "Sounds good."

"Are you going to hang out with your friends today?" Her mom asked, oddly an excited look on her face. "No other study session today? Will you have your study group every weekend? You can always invite your friends here, you know!"

"Aren't you going over the top?" The teenager huffed as she stared at her parents.

"That's right. Honey, she shouldn't hang out with her friends all the time!" Her dad grumbled with a pout. "Shouldn't she come with us to the market instead? Our daughter is going to be studying abroad, we should be with our daughter as much as possible."