Chapter 24: Saturday Drip

Baek Dani realized she had made a mistake.

Saturday, the day of her first date with Yangyang... and the study group meet-up. Dani couldn't dare to talk herself out of it, Renjun had been going on and on about how he had a lot of studying materials he will bring for everyone to share. How could she call out when the Class President was so passionate in studying together?

At least, with Yangyang's suggestion, they could do their date right after they finish studying. Dani agreed right away, the schedule perfect foe it. However, she won't have any time to change clothes and prepare.

So...

"Wow, Dani! I didn't think you'd dress up for our study session."

The group decided to meet at the Cherry Bomb early afternoon on Saturday. Somehow, Dani ended up being last to arrive as she was trying to figure out clothes to wear for the date. What was appropriate for a first date? She wasn't sure. No way in hell she was going to ask her Mom. Dani could imagine being suffocated with questions if her mother ever found out she was dressing up for a date.

After a lot of researching on her phone through videos and blogs, Dani settled on a yellow flowy spaghetti strap dress with a long sleeve shirt underneath. The dress had been dusting away in her closet, as it was a dress she previously bought for an event. And for the first time in a long time, she was wearing heels that was gifted to her from her aunt. It was only meant for special occasions... well, today was technically a special occasion.

This outfit was definitely way out of her comfort zone. Had she grown since she first wore this dress? It felt much shorter than she thought. But this was what the videos recommended for a perfect date look, so she might as well try it out.

Dani did feel pretty.

The tall girl awkwardly smiled at her friends before settling into the empty seat next to Donghyuck.

"I have somewhere to be after this... with family," Dani replied as smoothly as she can while taking out her notebook and pens. She breathed out her nerves as she opened her notebook to a page of notes she had taken earlier that week. "So I do want to get as much done before I have to go."

"Well, the outfit looks absolutely amazing on you, Dani!" Geurim chimed. Of course, the only person that would know the real reason she was wearing this. "Are you sure you won't feel uncomfortable?"

Dani shook her head in reply, "I'll be okay, I'll be sitting majority of the time, anyway."

"Everybody tell me what you want, I'll order the drinks," Renjun proclaimed. All the kids were quick to answer the Chinese boy, which only frustrated him as all their words jumbled into an incoherent mess. After writing down their desired drinks on a piece of paper he ripped from his notebook, Renjun approached to the counter to order.

"Jeno, you have work after this too right?" Jaemin asked the Taekwondo player.

The boy nodded as he stretched out his arms. "Yeah, which is a total bummer! I wish I could come play at the internet cafe with you guys too. Are you sure we can't ditch this and go play?"

"I second that notion!" Donghyuck huffed, laying his head down on the table with a pout.

"No, no, we should at least do a couple hours of studying!" Geurim nagged, tapping her pen onto the table. "What's the point of meeting up here, if not?"

"That's true. We should do as much as we can," Dani cut in, glaring over at the two lazy boys. She pointed at her notebook. "Sources tell me someone here had completely bombed their history test!"

She couldn't help but crack a smile when the look of horror crossed Jeno's face. "Was it Renjun?" The Taekwondo athlete grumbled.

"This is why we should study, Lee Jeno-sshi," Jaemin joined in on the teasing, lightly smacking his best friend with the pen in his hand. Dani laughed as they all shamelessly attacked Jeno, playfully nagging that there's more to life than just punching and kicking.