Chapter 4: Nonsensical Talks

Baek Dani was fixing her lunch box for the new day, however she has been going at a snail's pace, which wasn't usual for the high schooler.

Her mind was still clouded, as she thought about the events of yesterday. Not only did she promise herself to become a better person and help Geurim in her problem, but also Donghyuck.

He is such an odd boy.

But a nice one.

Dani could only wish that Donghyuck didn't like her cousin. After much thought through the night, she couldn't imagine Sua dating Donghyuck, despite what she told him. Since she knew how her cousin was, they seemed like polar opposites. And what if her true side came into light? How would Donghyuck take that?... Would Sua even show that ugly side to him?

The girl closed her eyes, trying to rid of such thoughts. There she goes again, overthinking things. At least he promised to not bother her with that weird request of helping him woo Sua. Donghyuck seemed to have enough common sense for that.

"Is that all you're bringing? You should add much more for your growing body, sweetheart!"

The sudden voice nearly caused Dani to drop the kimchi she was about to add into her box to drop onto the floor. She gaped, as she turned to look at her handsome father, who was already dressed for work. However, his hair was still shaggy, the fringe nearly covering his eyes. "Ah, dad, I'm already at 170 cm. I think I'm fine at the growing part," Dani murmured as she safely put some kimchi into the container.

Yet, her stubborn father went ahead and added more sausages, as well as pieces of the rolled egg her mother made earlier. Her lunchbox was definitely filled to the brim at this point. "Dad, I'm not going to be able to finish all this!"

"It's okay, just eat as muuuuch as you can," her father chimed while pinching her cheek. "You can share with your classmates too!"

Dani pouted over at him. "I guess so." Her eyes then trailed over at the messily made blue tie around her father's neck. She clicked her tongue as she went ahead to fix the tie for him. "After all these years, you still don't know how to do a tie?"

"I just prefer whenever you or your mother does it!" Her father said, a wide smile to his lips, "You two just do it so much better than I can."

"I think that's called low-effort—ACK! Dad!" Dani whined as her father ruffled her hair to the point it returned back to her bed head look. She tried to comb out her hair again with her fingers, shooting a glare at the supposedly older man. "So mature of you!"

"Just let me love you, my sweet baby Dani!" Her father huffed at her, a slight cuteness to his tone that only made Dani shudder. His eyes then became wide. "Ah, I just remembered why I decided to bother you. Your mother told me about what happened yesterday. You have a friend that visited the snack bar."

Dani grimaced. Of course her mother snitched to him.

"Donghyuck was that kid's name, yeah?" Dani only mumbled out a small yes in response, hoping her closed off tone would lead to a subject change. But, alas. That would be too hopeful. "Why does that name sound so familiar... OH! Oh, oh, oh. There was a Donghyuck at the daycare we used to drop you off at before your aunt and uncle moved closer. Is it the same one?"

"It's the same one," Dani replied while she closed the container and placed it into her lunch bag.

"Wooow! What are the odds!" Her father gasped. "He had quite the chubby cheeks, that kid! Do you remember, Dani? You two used to play together at the playground before I could pick you up. There would be days you would be bawling your eyes out because you wanted to continue playing with him!"