16. 𝓜𝓮𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓼: 𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓽𝔀𝓸

Veer left the table and went towards the river

Veer left the table and went towards the river. He sat on the log near the river bank. It was dusk and the place looked serene tinted with the orange rays of the sun.

He opened the letter and started reading.

*

Mera pyare Veeru,
                      First and foremost I want you to know that mumma loves you so much. You are the first angel that came into my life. You are our lucky charm.
Happy eighteenth mere jaan.
                    How I wish I was there. Bas thuje ek baar gale lagane ke liye. If all our wishes came true then it won't be life. Always remember that. You used to say that you wanted to become a businessman like your father and if you are still behind that dream then I promise you , you will be a much better business man than your father. (Don't tell him I told you that. )
                And no you are not responsible for anything. Yes you should protect and look after your brothers but don't lose yourself along the way. Live your life to the fullest. Never take up my duties as if they are your responsibility. They will always be mine. Be there for your brothers but the most important thing is being there for yourself.
                     Then there's a matter of your marriage. I'm pretty sure your father will find you the best bride possible but that's not what I am worried about. I want you to promise me that you will look after your wife like your father looked after me. Love her and cherish her but make sure to never hurt her. The hearts of women , especially strong women , tends to be really tender. You will never know what they are going through , unless and until you know them. A woman's smile can hide an entire storm and their silence is a statement. Promise me that you will never intentionally become the reason of that storm in my daughter in law's eyes.
                       Also give me some beautiful grandchildren and tell them their dadi loves them.
                        Love you. Miss you. Always love your father. Protect your brothers. And one day live for yourself and not for your family. Wherever you are my blessings will always be with you.

Love
Teri Maa

*

V

eer was a crying mess once he finished reading the last words of his mother to him.

He had failed her and he didn't plan to do so in the future.

Veer was the son of Gayathri Singhania as much as he is of Raghav Singhania.
And he was going to own upto his doings and start fixing them.
He can do atleast that much for his Maa.