The End of an Era

"Rumors are circulating that the basketball God 'Ayoze' might be leaving the Eezee Net this summer and it might be on a free at that" Reporter one

"Should the Net lose their captain due to the new financial restrictions introduced by the NBE organizers then Ryans will be the fourth player who was part Eezee Net golden era to leave the club" Reporter two

"Where do you think this God will be playing now?" Reporter one

"That I'm certain he himself has no team in mind yet" Reporter Three.

"Geez!!" Jon Neal a young man who seems to be in his twenties grumbled turning of the television.

"It's okay Neal, I'll be fine" a man replied him calmly. If one were to look at him then you wouldn't even think he is the one everyone, Tv stations, newspapers are talking about he's even the most trending on 247tweet. He's way to calm despite being the talk of the town.

"We shouldn't have bought that so called Seth Travis to the team. Now you might be departing the club for real" Neal said with tears welled up in his eyes threatening to fall anytime soon.

"What will be must surely be Neal. Let me go talk to the Director first" Ayoze replied lighting up his cigarette before. He stood up patted Neal and left the room.

Talking of his appearance Ayoze had an height of 1.85m with a rather slender body frame and a dashing face. His good look and extraordinary skills had cemented his place as the indisputable Number one basketball player in the league. (Hmm. A topic for another day.)

"I'm so sorry Ayoze but we can't extend your contract the rules are something we can't go against but the team would love to keep you. Our academy manager will do for now right?" Simeon Reeves, the sporting director confirmed the circulating rumors.

He smiled wryly and found it amusing on how they planned on making him an academy coach. It was clear that they chose some players over him but he wouldn't blame them for that they needed results and he might not be giving them that at the moment.
"I get that you don't want me as an opponent since you can't keep me in your team right?" He replied calmly as always puffing out the smoke of his cigarette.

"You do not have to worry about me Sim. I'll retire but I'll be back" He said leaving Sim dumbstruck

'what does he mean by he will be back. Oh no don't tell me he plans to come back to the competition next two season. Well age would be catching up to him and shouldn't pose much threat at least it means he won't be playing a professional game for two years.' Simeon thought then decided to wait and see.

'Ayoze Ryans will be addressing the Eezee Net fans and the NBE lovers at large about his next move on his career" Read the Headline of the News magazine that works directly under the Eezee Net.

This piece caused yet another sensation and uproar everybody are eager to know this man's destination.

"Eight years with this great club has saw me enjoy tremendous fame I never thought I could ever have. The team has always supported me in every way possible despite the difficulties in recent years they've stood by me and never for once did I ever imagine departing in this manner but they are somethings we have no control over and I feel pained I can't continue to be a player of the team who made me who I am today. I have to thank every Member of the Eezee Net, the Governing bodies, my teammates whom we've been through thick and thins together, the supporters for the love they've always showed me.. I feel so down having to leave this great team and the NBE" He concluded his speech and left not even caring to answer any of the questions the press people asked.

But from his speech everyone understood something the NBE God is gone and would go down to become one of the greatest players the NBE will have. That day the Eezee Net Fans, Basketball Fans all felt and shared the pain of this legend.

Authors note: So guys your author is back with yet another interesting novel My device developed an issue but I'm back now and would be giving you my full attention and dedication. Work has resumed concerning my other novel 'The Heirs (Lost Prince) you can search for that in the search tool bar and enjoy both stories🥰