Eastern Conference Final Fixtures

On the Final fixture of the Eastern Conference Regular Season, the Pulpy Raptors saw their four years domination come to an end and their five years Regular Season Championship coming to an end.

The NBE first three seasons saw the all the teams in the competition compete in a single league in which the Eezee Net won the first two and lost the third one to the Pulpy Raptors. It was not until the third season did the NBE introduced a new format of having two division. The Western and the Eastern Conference and since the Eastern conference has been operating independently, the Pulpy Raptors have dominated it leaving no room for any team to think about coming close. But the Season eight brought an element of surprise as this powerhouse ended in the third place for the first time in the history of the team.

The Crownstar Bulls shockingly steals the first place at the last moment with The Mahek Suns tightly occupying the second spot and the Raptors are left with no options than to sit in the third position. Teams were given three weeks break before the commencement of the Playoffs so the play could use that to rest and prepare for the bigger competition.

The usual custom of the NBE is to give a list of ten nominees for the Regular Season MVP which the winner will be announced after the Final of the Playoffs.

This year list was also out and for the first time the Raptors only have one player in the list and also a name that has its place in the list every year was nowhere to be founded. If he had retired at the end of the Regular Season then there would be no doubt about his inclusion in the list.

The names on the list includes; X-force Celtics' Steph Aaron and Kyle Dylan, Crownstar Bulls' Fred Darwin and Michael Smith, Eezee Net's Jon Neal and Seth Travis, Mahek Suns' Dej Kent, Grip Clippers' Christopher Kendall and Pulpy Raptors' Ian Fletcher.

This was making headlines everywhere and people couldn't stop talking about how the list would have been if Ryan didn't retire two games to the end of the Regular Season. They also discussed about how the Eezee Net season would have ended if Ryan was still there. They only needed to win a game out of their last two games but who would have thought they would lose both and lose the championship as a result.

Ryan of course didn't pay attention to any of these things and just carry on with his work at the restaurant. He finally accepts to teach Wesley and Jeff how to play the game. So he began playing with them so they could horn their skills and also uses that a way to keep himself in form. Although you can't compare this random players with professionals, giving them a number advantage and also no restriction or fouls would at least cover up for that a little bit. He also plan setting them up with academy players although he himself won't participate in those games.

They have been doing this for two weeks straight while Jeff haven't noticed any significant improvement, Wesley was doing better. That was a given because he was already used to playing street basketball.

With few days left to the commencement of the Playoffs, Ryan received a call from Neal that Evans asked to see him. So he called to ask if Ryan would like to meet up with him.

"Tell him to meet at the old court gym" Ryan replied and hung the call.

"Who's that?" Lena asked dropping a cup of water he requested on the table

"Tony wants to meet" He replied picking up the cup of water

"Tony? For what?" She inquired

"Well I'll have to meet him in other to figure that out" He answered.

"Do you think it's necessary?" She asked

"Hmm that I don't know. But I should go see him or what you think?" He said drinking a cup of water that was placed on the table

"You should see him if you want to" she replied before diverting her attention to her phone

"I just want to hear what he has to say." Ryan said.

**FLASHBACK**

"AYOZE!!! RYAN!!! RYAN!!! AYOZE!!! RYAN!!"

"The Eezee Net have taken the lead in the series 2-3 they proved they could hold their ground even with the absence of their Captain and core player Ayoze Ryan" Commentator one said

"Well we have to credit Tony Evans for picking up the mantle and fill in into the large hole of Ayoze Ryan" Commentator two said

"Well it seems the fans are still chanting the name of Ayoze Ryan despite out on injury." Commentator said.

The players on field were stunned. They came back from being one series down to take the lead in the series but the fans are chanting the name of a player who was not present during the game, they felt unappreciated.

Neal and Nate were the only player who didn't feel bad they have always seen Ryan has a brother and no one could really understand the relationship between them so they were not feeling down.

Tony was the one who was angered the most he
played better than his limit only not to be recognized. They have always been in the shadow of Ryan no matter how well they played which was why he was looking for an opportunity where Ryan wouldn't be on pitch so he could show he could fit in perfectly in his position and now he was given a chance and he utilized it perfectly but this fans would not acknowledge his performance.