A Fresh Start

A figure sat down quietly at the corner of a restaurant gently devouring his ice cream. From afar he resembles a lonely figure that whose date just walked out on. He was wearing a blue hoodie with the hoodie cap over his head.

"Please can I sit next to you?" A teenage boy asked respectfully.

"Sure you can" Came a prompt reply in a very neutral tone.

"Okay thanks" the boy replied.

"Hmm" he nodded and continued taking his ice cream unhurriedly.

"Ayoze Ryans?" The teenager was shocked seeing the face of the man that is sitting beside him.

"Hmm" He nodded.

"Can I get a selfie and an autograph please 🥺😊

"Okay"

"Yay, thanks" the boy exclaimed causing most of the people in the restaurant to look towards their direction

'Ayoze Ryans?!!'

He ended of signing an autograph for everyone in the restaurant and had to snap with them all. He was just a little bit lucky that the restaurant was not crowded else he might probably spend the whole day signing autographs.

"Where is the boss?" He asked the attendant.

"She is in hold on a second let me get her for you" The attendant replied going to get his madam.

"I would love you take me to her." Ryan said causing the attendant to halt his step before asking Ryan to follow him. Which he did.

Knock**

"Who is that?" A clear voice came in from the back of the door the attendant just knocked.

"It's Richard Ma'am. Ayoze Ryan is requesting to meet up with you" The attendant answered.

"Let him in" She said

"Okay ma'am" the attendant replied and opened the door for Ryan leading him into the Restaurant owner Office/room.

"You can go now" The voice replied not even looking at the two men who came in.

"Yes ma'am" The attendant answered and left the room leaving only Ryan with the Boss.

"And how can I help you?" The boss asked and for the first time lifted her head up to see her visitor.

Her emerald green eyeball met face to face with Ryan's Deep brown eye.

"It's been a while Lena" Ryan said looking straight up at his old time friend.

"Hmm.. To still think you remembered my name" Lena Clarke said

"Come on stop it I saw you two years ago" Ryan said with a smile plastered on his face.

"Ah, yes. Two years ago when you were here to watch my all star games right?" She said in a rather mocking tone.

"I'm sorry, I know I've wronged you" Ryan pleaded. He knew what he needed to do if he doesn't want her to keep complaining.

"Hmm. I see you got kicked out" Lena said

"Kicked out? No!!, who would dare kick me out?. I decided to retire" He replied her.

"You retired like you suddenly lost interest in playing basketball and won't have anything to do with the NBE again?" She asked with a rather amusing tone.

"Okay fine I got kicked Out 🚶🏻‍♂️🥺🤷‍♂️" he said helplessly. This girl knows him too well.

"So you still plan on going back right?" She asked

"Yes" he replied truthfully

"You'll be 29 this year" she said. Because she just doesn't understand anything about this guy.

"Hmm, yeah... I know" he answered with a straight face

"Oh okay" she nodded confused on what next to say

"So why are you here?" She asked

"Want to work" He replied

"Are you telling me the best basketball player has no money with him and now has to work his ass off before he can cater for his basic need" She just couldn't make a tail or head out of the situation. He needed a job after how much he had made playing for Eezee Net

"Hmm, No" He was somehow getting tired of this unnecessary question and answer section

"No?" She asked rather mockingly

"Arrgh, okay yes" He was getting tired maybe he made the wrong mistake coming here.

"Don't tell me you continued played there for free"she continued

"No I didn't" Does she think that she's his mum or what? Ryan could only endure and answer her

"So how come you need a job?" How come he needs a job. He became the most paid player at the third season although he didn't collect any money in his first two years but has played for over five years since then. So why should he need a job

"Are you giving me the Job or not?" Now he was getting pissed. He should have considered her nagging behavior before come to her

"I will but I really need to know. What about all the money you received from your sponsors" she was curious

"I donated all of the money to charity organization" he answered honestly

".....😒😳🙄" she was dumbstruck. Like this guy will always amuse her. You gave out all the money you earned in five years. Doesn't that sounds dumb but she knew he wasn't lying.

"What's with that look" He asked noticing how terrifying she looked

"Nothing sir" she replied.

"You're employed. Just start making preparations on how you're going to get back to the fucki** NBE so you can finally retire and fulfill your duties I'm not getting any younger you know and I have been rejected a lot of suitors. Any further delay then you might end up being a spectator on my wedding day" She said finally standing up and embracing her good for nothing love interest.