Ocean Basket

"You really don't need to do anything sir, it's not really comfortable having you here" Wesley a worker in the Ocean Basket said.

Well it's been a week since the almighty Ayoze Ryans has been working in Lena Clarke's Restaurant 'The Ocean Basket" Well the name ocean Basket was given to the restaurant by Mr Clarke Hudson Lena's father. He adopted this name because he wanted a restaurant that will be at the top when it comes to seafood and his daughter as done just that. They've gotten their branch in almost every part of the country and are now the first place that comes to your mind whenever you think of having seafood.

So Ryan work is basically to supervise everything but this Basketball God would rather choose to help the chef do the dishes. He even go as far as washing them. You know it would be awkward to see your role model washing the dishes and even cleaning at times.

Poor Wesley has always held Ryan in the highest possible regards and even sees him as someone out of his reach and league but having this guy here doing a work like this is rather infuriating this fanboy.

"Hmm. Well it's really been a while since I cleared dishes myself, I've been used to others doing that for me so I feel like doing that now" Ryan replied Wesley winking at him before taking the dishes on the tray away.

'What if someone just walked in to see this NBE god doing menial job like this and come to think of it why is he here?' Wesley doesn't understand his train of thoughts at all. He could remember when he resumed his shift only to see Ryan in an apron preparing dishes. He just couldn't make head and tail out of the situation only for the boss to show up and say that he's a new worker at the restaurant.

So this guy retired last week only to start working at a restaurant the next day 🤷‍♂️ and also excluding his luxurious clothing this guy looks just so ordinary. Even the NBE chairman would be ashamed seeing how pitiful the most paid player in the league is. Just what did he do with all his NBE earning. This is something Wesley would never understand.

"Hmm" clears his throat.

Wesley jolted in response. He was surprised to see someone behind him

A teenage boy looked at Wesley with a curious look plastered on his face 'How come he has this weird face'

"Hmm, sorry hello. Come have your sit?" Wesley leaded the boy towards a seat. "Did you see him?" Wesley added rather in an inaudible manner.

"Hmm the tall guy" The boy said

"Yeah" Wesley nodded

"Yes I did" he replied

"You don't know him?" Wesley asked a little bit surprised like who would say they do not know Ayoze Ryan

"Is he a musician or an actor?" The boy questioned further confusing Wesley

"Huh... An athlete" he managed to say

"Cristiano Ronaldo?" The boy asked

"Huh.. Nope. Ayoze Ryan" Wesley said with pride in his voice as he called his role model

"Who is that?" The boy question got Wesley dumbfounded.

"Huh.. argh, Never mind" is he pretending not to know him or he really doesn't knows.

"Kindly choose from the menu" Wesley said deciding not to care if the boy was actually pretending or not.

He selected his menu and passed it back to Wesley. "Which sport does he play?" The teenager asked.

"Basketball" Wesley answered heading to the kitchen.

"Hmm basketball what game is that." The boy yelled after Wesley.

"..." Who does not know about basketball in the country? Is this kid toying with him.

"When is the next game I would like to watch it" The boy added

"Come here tomorrow by 6pm" Wesley replied. He might be bringing up another dedicated fan to the game. Wesley smiled bringing the food the boy ordered.