Old Buddies

"Hey Wes, can you play the basketball?" Ryan said facing Wesley.

********

It is the next day and few minutes to Four pm, Wesley and Jeff has joined Ryan alongside with Lena at the restaurant as they headed to a remote area. Ryan did the driving and right in front of them was a basketball court. Not the one with a stadium but the local basketball court that was large enough to compete with the official court of the NBE.

Getting there, they met some other random people. Wesley was shocked to see that none of them were fazed seeing Ryan. They acted as though it's normal for him to be here and he is just an person like they were and didn't give him the treatment of a star some even ignored him completely. Just who are these people.

"Bernard it has been a while since I saw you" Ryan addressed one of the guys who ignored him when they came in earlier.

"Well you never looked back so why are you here all of a sudden? Don't tell me you remembered us after you were kicked out" The said Bernard Replied harshly.

"Bernard you should understand he has been quite busy. You don't have to be that harsh on him" Lena spoke on behalf of Ryan

"Sister-in-law don't tell me you're siding this jerk. He left without looking back I still don't know why you chose to wait for him. He doesn't deserve you" Bernard said still giving Ryan and unfriendly look.

"Well we already know him to be like that don't we. We just have to be understanding" Lena Replied.

Ryan just stood there as though he wasn't the subject of discussion.

'Did I just hear the big guy call the miss sister in law? Does that mean she is Ayoze Ryan wife or fiancé at least wow this is news' Wesley was dumbfounded looking completely like a dummy while Jeff still has that serious look on him.

"Neal and Kent come here so often but this guy just never shows up. He doesn't deserve to be called our brother." Another bulky guy added.

Both guys were huge with size similar to Actor Dwayne Johnson 'The Rock'

"It is okay guys at least Neal do extend his greetings whenever he comes visiting" Another voice. He seems as though he just getting here.

"Dej Kent" I'm i day dreaming, Wesley was surprised two NBE big shots are here. While he has gotten used to seeing Ryan, seeing yet another superstar had his blood boiling and from Ryan conversation yesterday, he was here to meet Neal so that automatically means that Neal will be here today.

"Is that enough? This guy just ignored everyone for a club that later kicked him out" Another voice said walking towards there direction. If Jeff watched the show that talked about Ryan retirement then he was going to know the newcomer but for sure he didn't.

'Even Nate is here' Wesley felt excited but looking at the calmness in Jeff's face, his excitement died down. 'Is this Jeff really clueless about the NBE' Wesley thought.

"Sorry I'm late" Neal joined the team

"No one would be mad at you for coming late it would have been fun if it had been this son-of-a-bi**h" The second bulky guy said

"Sebastian you shouldn't use that as an excuse to injure him during the game okay" Lena said playfully.

"Sister-in-law should warn him not to get too playful with the ball or he will have himself to blame" Sebastian Replied.

The guys took turns in greeting their sister-in-law while they just shook beat Ryan on the shoulder.

Neal stood in front of Ryan and smiled. "This one week without you is infuriating. Evans has showed his real attitude" he said.

"Hey you guys dumped me to one Mahek Suns so you shouldn't be complaining you're all alone now" Kent said playfully.

"Who are this two new boys?" Nate asked noticing two new faces

"Hmm this is Wesley and the other one is the boy I talked about" Ryan introduced them.

"Boy, what's your name?" Kent asked

"It's Ryan" Jeff answered winking at Ryan.

"Did you name your son after yourself?" Bernard suddenly asked.

"Hmm.. What son? He is not my son, he belongs to Nate" Ryan said how could this idiot think he has a son this grown up

"...." Nate was dumbfounded.

"My name is Jeff Ryan. You can call me Jeff" Jeff finally said.

"Jeff, nice name so you were toying with us by saying Ryan, what a cunning little brat." Kent said.

"The one who said Neal he who has never handled the ball could play better than Neal?" Sebastian asked causing Neal to have a funny look on his face.

"I'm sorry about yesterday. I went home to watch some of his clips and I was overwhelmed by his performances just that, that yesterday performance was utterly poor" Jeff said silently.

Neal could only smile wryly.

"Now let get started" Ryan said causing everyone to look at him.

They all gruntled. 'Maybe it was a good thing that he never showed up for seven years'