T W E N T Y - T H R E E

Y'all I forgot to say this buy ty guys so much for 13k+ reads💞💞 this book has grown so fast and as dumb and corny as this sounds I still find it fucking hard to believe you guys actually enjoy reading the stuff I be writing 😭✋

~~~

Lotanna Rosé Maury

Lotanna quietly hummed to herself as she chopped up a few red and yellow bell peppers, she was preparing one of her favorite salads while brainstorming ideas for an upcoming event she had been invited to, Urbanity Fest.

It was an annual event hosted by a famous Urbanity Magazine, it basically was an event where a large number of small businesses came together and marketed their products it the most possible way, each year, the hosts shone light on a specific genre of business and this year it focused on the fashion industry.

Starting a clothing line itself proved to be a very hard task in the beginning as not only was she competing with other small businesses but as well as high-end fashion brands and companies who focused on fast fashion.

She had to prove to the people why they should patronise her business and not others and also prove to herself that this was someting she was genuinely intrested in doing and wanted to continue in the long run.

It certainly wasn't an easy ride as many times she'd catch her designs copied by other high-end brands and even other small businesses but she'd gained a following of 10,000 on Instagram and 45,000 on TikTok and even as those numbers are still small and progressing, she was making money and that was all that mattered.

"Aye Lota I'm heading out call me if you need sum," Khalid said smushing her head before walking out of the kitchen.

"Aight be safe," she called back taking out a pack of shredded chicken she was defrosting in a bowl.

She took a portion out and set it in a bowl before adding all the needed seasonings and spices and placing it back on the fridge to marinate.

Her phone buzzed on her back pocket as a call came through, she wiped off her hands before answering it smiling a but as she noticed it was Simba.

"Hey Papi," she greeted putting her phone on speaker and setting it down on the counter so she could continue her work.

"Wassup mamas how are you?" He asked, his voice thick and raspy signifying he was just waking up.

"I'm good you sleep well?" She asked starting to shred a couple of carrots, it was almost two in the afternoon and she knew he had had a stressful week

"Mhm whatchu doing?" He asked.

"Making lunch for myself," she said.

"You gon be busy today?" He asked.

"Yeah I have a lot of stuff I need to do why? You miss me?"

"Of course I miss you, I was tryna take you somewhere." He said

"Ouu where?" She smiled.

"Somewhere."

"You don't get tired of being stupid?" She chuckled rolling her eyes.

"It's not important anyways cuz you finna be busy."

"You always busy when I wanna hang out with you but I don't be complaining."

"Nah that's on you cuz I never said you couldn't be around me when I was working, hell It'd make me happy asf if you came to work with me." He said.

"You know I can't do that- it's unprofessional."