T H I R T Y - O N E

Khalid Sean Maury

"Lotanna you better be up and ready by the time I get there." Khalid said bringing the cup of coffee Leslie made for him to his lips.

"For the love of God Khalid it's 2 am, give me a break." She muttered struggling to get her feet into her Docs.

"Yeah and thier flight gets here in like thirty minutes, we gotta beat the traffic."

"It's 2 am Khalid, in case you didnt hear me the first time." She said, "there won't be any cars on the road, you know cuz all the normal people are asleep."

"Just hurry your ass up." He said ending the call.

"You're so mean to her," Leslie said with a yawn as she reclined her seat back.

"She'll be fine." He scoffed, "But tell me about you, how are you holding up, I mean it's not everyday you wake up at 1 am to drive to the airport."

"I'm fine- a little dishevelled- but I'm fine." She said picking at her short hair, it had now grown into a little puff and she'd dyed it electric blue but it had faded into a subtle pastel color.

Khalid glanced at her for a bit, "you're nervous." He said dropping the cup of coffee he'd been holding and gripped her thigh, trying to stop her leg from bouncing so much.

"I'm just cold," she said sitting up and rubbing on her arms to warm herself, "I should've worn something warmer what was I thinking, now your mum's gonna think I'm irresponsible, do you have a jacke-" she stopped herself catching his upset stare.

"Sorry," she muttered.

"Baby just calm down," he sighed rubbing circles on her thigh, "it's going to be fine."

"I know, it's just I don't want to give her the wrong impression," Leslie sighed dropping her head in her hands, "you were right, I should have just stayed home."

"Stop that shit," Khalid said pulling into Lotanna's apartment complex.

Khalid held her face in hishands, slowly caressing her cheek, "I love you baby, that means that no matter what happens I still got you," he said gently kissing her lips.

"I love you too," she murmured into the kiss.

She wrapped her hands around his neck slowly deepening the kiss, tasting the cinnamon gum he'd been chewing earlier mixed with the vanilla latte, she let out a moan only audible to his ears as he slid his tongue over her bottom lip, gently tugging on her lip with his teeth.

His hand wrapped around her neck adding just the right amount of pressure, he sucked on her lip before pulling back, he brushed his thumb over the side of her mouth where her lip gloss had smudged before sucking it off.

"I'm here!" Lotanna announced unnecessarily loud as she opened the car door and slid in, "that means y'all are obligated by law to stop whatever the fuck you were just doing."

Khalid kissed his teeth leaning back in his seat, "we were waiting for you."

Lotanna brushed him off, fixing all her attention on Leslie who was now sporting her signature smile, the same one she used when she was modelling, except this time it was genuine.

"Why didn't you tell me Les was coming?" Lotanna asked hitting her brothers shoulder, "and here I was thinking I'd be stuck with your boring ass for the entire ride."

"Fuck you," he muttered starting the car and pulling out into the road.

"I love your hair color," Lotanna gushed, "seriously how did this nigga manage to pull you?"

"Say sum stupid one mo time and I'm throwing you into the road."

"Stop being mean ta her," Leslie laughed.

"Yeah Bubba stop being mean to me," she smirked poking his stubble covered cheek with her finger.

"Fuck outta my face," he muttered fighting a smile, "both of you."

"So Lotanna," Leslie said switching topics, a small smirk growing on her face, "I heard about you n Simba."

"Aw hell naw," Lotanna cringed sliding down in her seat.

"You gotta be kidding me," Khalid chuckled.

"What?" Leslie cheesed, "I knew y'all was gon end up dating."

"It was kinda obvious." Lotanna muttered.

"He ain't like it at first," Leslie said poking Khalid's chest and smiling at him.

"Oh trust me I know." Lotanna chuckled.

"He was always going on and on about how it wasn't going to end well for either of you- and he was wrong by the way- but eventually, he realised he was just worried for no reason." Leslie said.

"And Simba would call me at random hours of the day asking me stupid ass questions about you, like what type of nails you'd normally get or what genre of music you liked listening too." He chuckled, "and then I realised maybe he actually knew what the fuck he was doing."

"Forreal?" Lotanna cheesed, this new piece of information suprising her.

"You smiling too hard," Khalid said cutting his eyes at her through the mirror, "But yes, he really likes you, he may be an imbecile most of the time but he has good intentions, trust me."

"Aww," Lotanna smiled.

"Aight that's enough of that shit, tell me how schools going? We maintaining that 3.50 GPA or nah?"

"Oh good grief, I don't wanna talk about school," she muttered throwing her head back in despair.

~~~

Started working on a new book yayyy
This one is more of an enemies to lovers vibe and I'm thinking of making it into a love triangle but idk yet.