T H I R T Y - T W O

Lotanna Rosé Maury

Everyone was here and Lotanna felt so unexpectedly relieved. She'd had no idea how much she'd missed her family until now.

They were all crammed into Khalid's truck, Khalid and Leslie at the front, Bahbes, Zachariah, Kezia, at the back.

Honey and the kids couldn't make it but they'd promised to join online.

"I've missed you so much," Lotanna murmured resting her head on her mother's shoulder.

"Aww I've missed you too baby," Bahbes smiled wrapping one arm around her daughter, "how have you been?"

Lotanna smiled before unfolding everything to her mum, tuning out Zachariah and Khalid's talk-arguing about a football match and Ziah and Leslie's conversation about the pros and cons of modelling.

They eventually arrived at the hotel where they would be staying, Khalid helped carry their suitcases up to their rooms while Ziah insisted on having a sleepover at MiMi and Lotanna's shared apartment.

"Welcome, to our humble abode!" Lotanna smiled unlocking her apartment and ushering Ziah inside.

MiMi's head snapped up from her computer, a massive grin growing on her face, "Ziah love," she cheesed getting off the bar stool and pulling Ziah into a hug.

"MiMi," she grinned with equal enthusiasm laughing as MiMi lifted her off the floor slightly.

"Girl this place is so cute," Ziah said looking around when they finally released each other.

"That was all Lotanna," MiMi chuckled, "most of the ideas were hers I just joined in helping set up."

"Staphhh," Lotanna chuckled waving her off with her hand, "it was an equal effort."

"Damn this shit is sick," Ziah cooed stroking the painting Simba had ordered for Lotanna, it was currently resting by the wall on the floor because it was too heavy for either of them to hang up.

"Simba bought it," MiMi said smirking at Lotanna, "we gon put it up over there when we figure out how to carry it."

"You gon have to go ahead and marry that dude now cuz this shit feels expensive as fuck." Ziah said still admiring the picture, her short manicured nails tracing the designs carved into the frame.

"He gon have to do better than that if he want marriage," Lotanna chuckled, "Anyways, there's some left over lasagna inna fridge imma heat it up and then we can eat and have our overdue girl talk."

"Lasagna sounds amazing," Ziah said walking over to their cream and pastel green soft leather couches and sinking down into it.

~~~

"Okay so who's starting?" Lotanna asked blowing on her fork, the steam wafting away.

"Ziah been away for a minute do she should," MiMi said in between chews.

Ziah nodded refusing to touch her food at all until it cooled down.

"Y'all want the good new or bad news first?" She asked playing with her faux locs.

"Good news."

"Bad news."

Ziah raised her eyebrow, "Okay then I'll wait till y'all decide, somebody else should go."

"No stalling." MiMi said pointing her fork at her in accusation.

Ziah rolled her eyes, "Fine, " she muttered, "I'll start with the bad news," she let out a small breath rubbing her neck the way she did when she was nervous, 'I'm  dropping out."