Adoption.... hopefully........

Felt like I needed some fanart. This isn't mine, props to the artist. I don't know who's this is, but I love it!

Wilbur went upstairs to do a bit of work. Phil was out, and Addison was playing Solitaire and watching Kids Baking Championship, which she loved. Wilbur had made sure she was alright with him working a little, and she said it was fine as long as she was called if any of his friends were online. She really started to be attached to the the SMP, and them in turn to her. Tommy, Bad, and Techno were really into her. Tommy didn't even want to see Wilbur anymore, just Addison. 

Anyways, Wilbur checked his email, and saw one from the government. 

Who the hell got me in trouble this time? he thought. 

He opened the email. 

Wilbur (redacted),

Your application to adopt Addison Haynes had been accepted. All that is now required is a check of your house and there is one small problem. Addison Haynes has gone missing from her foster home. Once we find her, and the proper paperwork has been filled out, she will be all yours!

Congratulations, Wilbur.

Wilbur's eyes widened, and he smiled. "Addison!" he cried. "Addison where are you?!" 

He ran out to find her and they collided in the hallway, both falling backwards on their asses. "Addison guess what!" 

Addison's eyes were wide, but not like Wilbur. She was afraid. "W-Wilbur?" she stuttered. 

"Oh shit." Wilbur swore. "Addison, it's okay! It's okay. I have good news. Sorry for running into you." 

He hugged Addison, who only mildly flinched which meant she was getting better. After a moment, she took a breath. "W-What was your news?" she asked. 

"Oh!" Wilbur said, forgetting for a moment in his concern of Addison. "I have massive news! I was approved Addison! I'm adopting you!" 

Addison's eyes widened. "W-What?" she stuttered. She smiled nervously. "Seriously?" 

"Yep!" Wilbur grinned. 

Phil walked into the house. "Um.... Why are you two on the floor?" he asked. 

"Phil!" Addison cried, getting up and hugging Phil. Phil looked a little surprised since Addison wasn't the most comfortable around him, unless Wilbur was around. "Hi?" he asked. 

"I'm getting adopted!" Addison exclaimed. "WIlbur's adopting me!" 

Phil smiled. "That's amazing!" he said. "Can I see the email?" 

Wilbur nodded. "Upstairs in my office. Should still be up. We gotta celebrate!"

Wilbur started dancing with Addison. "You're getting adopted! You're getting adopted!" he sang. 

"I'm getting adopted!" Addison sang with him. 

Phil ran downstairs. "Hey, um, Addison, why don't you go pick out dinner for us to order? My treat, since this is such a special occasion." 

Addison smiled. "Really?" she asked. 

"Yeah!" 

Addison ran upstairs. "Thank you grandpa Phil!" 

She ran upstairs. "Grandpa Phil?" Phil and Wilbur exchanged a look. "Well, at least she likes you." Wilbur shrugged. 

"We have a problem." Phil said. 

"What's wrong?" Wilbur asked. 

"We...... They have to find Addison in order to let you legally adopt Addison." 

"Yeah?" Wilbur asked. "And?" 

"And they don't know where she is. If we tell her she's with us, it'll look like kidnapping. Like we kidnapped her. They'll never let you adopt her then!" 

Addison ran downstairs with a grin. "I made a decision!" she announced. 

Wilbur smiled. "Oh?" he asked. 

"I wanna have cheeseburgers for dinner!" she smiled. "Red Robin!" 

Wilbur laughed. "Alright. Well, let Phil and I talk for a minute, then we'll get it ordered, alright? Why don't you go back to your show, okay?" 

Addison nodded. "Thanks Wilbur!" She ran back upstairs. 

Wilbur sat on a couch with a sigh. "What the hell are we going to do?" 

Phil sat next to him. "I don't know." he whispered. 

"She's so happy here. I want to adopt her, Phil. I really do. I want to keep her safe!" 

Phil sighed. "I know." he said. "But what are we going to do? If we tell them she's here, it looks like kidnapping. If we take her back to her old home..."

"He'd beat her for leaving." Wilbur finished. "Not to mention she'd be so scared, or so hurt. She'd think we betrayed her, and she wouldn't understand." 

"Exactly." 

"What if...." Wilbur paused. "What if she didn't have to go back? What if she called them, not us? What if she didn't have to go back there? Maybe.... Maybe I could figure out what would happen if they found her. I'll send an email back, just asking some general questions, and we'll see what we can find out. Alright?" Phil nodded. "Don't say anything to Addison." Wilbur added. "Go order the food, I'm going to send that email." 

They went their separate ways, to do their own tasks. 

Out of curiosity, what will happen when she's found? Will she go back to her foster home? Will she come directly to me? Will she go to a different home? 

Wilbur got an email back a few days later. 

The child would be sent to a seperate home for a couple of nights, just to make sure she is happy and healthy and aware of what is going on. She will not go back to her original foster home. In fact, the only reason we knew this child was missing at all is because you asked to meet her. Her foster parents did not tell us when she was missing. Only when we asked to see the child did her absence come to life. They are now being charged with neglect and abuse. Your paperwork has been approved, and she will be given to you as soon as possible. 

Thank you,

Child Protective Services. 

Dude, I don't freaking know. 

Wilbur sighed. "Addison!" he called. "Phil!" 

They both walked into his office. "What's up Wilbur?" Addison asked. 

"So.... Remember how I was working on adopting you?" Wilbur inquired. 

Addison nodded eagerly. 

"So.... We've hit a bit of a snag." Wilbur explained. "The system didn't realize you were missing, until they asked to see you because I wanted to adopt you. I asked what would happen if you were found and they told me you'd.... go to another house for a few nights." 

Addison started shaking. "I don't wanna leave you." she whispered. 

"I know. But it may be the only way." Wilbur sighed. "I don't want to send you back.... I promised you'd be safe, and you will be. But this may be the only way to get you adopted." 

Addison sighed. "What would I have to do?" she asked. 

Haha cliffhanger

Stay safe, stay kind, stay happy. 

You are loved!!!!

-TheMidnightStorm