Backstory

"Hey Addy?" Wilbur asked later that night. 

"Yeah Wilbur?" Addison replied. 

"I was just wondering, why were you so comfortable around me, but you weren't around Phil?" Wilbur asked. "I'm just curious." 

Addison stopped. "I.... um.... Because you didn't h-hit me when I cried." 

Wilbur's eyes widened. "What?" 

"Well.... in my other houses.... when I got scared or cried they'd b-beat me. You didn't. Phil didn't either, but he was really loud and it scared me. You.... You were calm and comforted me. I haven't been hugged in a while." 

Wilbur stepped forward. Addison flinched as he held his arms out. He stepped forward again and pulled Addison close, engulfing her in a hug. I am going to hug this child until she hates being touched. Wilbur promised. 

Addison started crying. "I don't know what you've gone through." Wilbur whispered. "But I will make sure it never happens again. You can tell me if you want, but never feel like I am pressuring you to do anything. Everything will always be your choice. You will always be safe here." 

"Promise?" Addison murmured. 

"I promise." 

"C-Can I tell you something?" Addison asked. 

"Of course." Wilbur nodded. "You can tell me anything." 

-------------------------------------------- skipping back in time

TURN BACK TIME!!!!!!! OH OH!!!! GONNA HIT REWIND!!!!!!!!!!!

Addison had been left home alone. 

Again. 

The man, her supposed adopted father, was out drinking again. He'd told Addison to stay in her room and not come out, and Addison was scared of what he would do if he caught her. But oh my gosh was she hungry. 

Suddenly, she heard the door slam open. "See? I told you that would be easy." said an unfamiliar voice. 

"Yeah yeah." someone else said. "He's a rich jerk who only has a lock for his protection? Just asking to be robbed." 

Addison's eyes widened. Robbed? Were they robbers? 

She darted under the bed as she heard them start digging through the house, looking for valuables. Her adopted father, the one who insisted she called him father and made her act like a little princess when all his friends came over, then neglected her and shoved her in closets and beat her. That man was rich. He still wouldn't give anything to Addison, calling her spoiled and greedy. 

He was also extremely confident, meaning he wouldn't believe anyone robbed him. 

He wouldn't believe....

Shit. Addison realized. If I'm here when he gets home and finds the house ransacked, he'll kill me. He'd never believe it was robbers. He'll think I tried to steal from him or something.

Something she'd have to worry about later, since the robbers were coming upstairs. 

They opened her door. "Wonder what's in here." one of the said. 

"Looks like a bedroom.... but it's really depressing." 

"Think he don't like his kid much?" 

"Looks like it." 

Addison had her hands covering her mouth, curled in a ball. "Wait... if he doesn't like his kid much.... she may be here. Search the room." 

Addison stiffened. Search the room? They were going to find her!