Chapter 6

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Takashi and i had been together ever since we were born. How could this be?

I looked at takashi closely... And there were things that I noticed we didn't have in common. His hair is jet black... While mine has some brown mixed into it. His eyes were black... While mine were light brown.

But I noticed until now...

I always thought we were identical.

My mother sighed and sat down on the couch. "You see... Rina is actually from America. She real mother and father moved to Japan just before they had Rina." She says. I nodded and looked over at Mori again. His eyes looked as if his heart was breaking. He loved having a twin. I did too.

"So... Why do we look so similar?" I ask. "I have no idea. You guys just do. When you were born, Rina, your mother was only 18. She had no idea how to care for a child... So she asked us to take you in as our own." Takashi got up and paced across the room and back a couple of times before stopping.

"So... Rina and I... We're not related a all?" Mother shakes her head.

Or should I say Mrs. Morinozuka shakes her head.

"Safely no... But you guys can stay friends... Best friends." She adds.

Suddenly, a woman walls through the doors and smiles. "Mrs. Morinozuka! So nice to see you again!" She says, hugging Mrs. Morinozuka.

She looks over in my direction and smiled even wider. "You must be my beautiful Rina! I'm so glad to see you all grown up! You look lovely dear!" She hugs me. It was an loving hug. A hug a mother would give her daughter. A caring hug.

"You look just like your father. Oooh! Just wait til he sees you! He just got back from war you know?! This is his surprise. He will arrive here soon so we have to get you home, darling." She smiled again and kisses my forehead.

She went to the door and opened it for me. "Here... We will go out here and you can say your goodbyes... And dont you worry about Takashi... You will be going to the same school as always." She walked out the front door toward the car she drove here in.

The moving truck was all filled up with my stuff. Everything was ready to go... All except me.

Takashi was who I was going to worry about. He pulled me into his arms and hugged me tight. "T-takashi..." I say. "Rina... I-... I really hope you like it there... I love you." He says, kissing my forehead.

Why do I have to leave?

I wanna stay with Takashi!

Why??!!

I got in the car and looked out the window as we drove away from my childhood home I could miss so much.

A/n:

Sorry for the short chapter guys!

Hey... Its something... Makes you think a little...