Chapter 12

Wow! 6.92k reads?! I love you guys! Thank you all so much! Now we can get back into the story!

------

For everyone wondering how my date with Kaoru went, it was actually one of the best dates I had ever been on. We went out for lunch, went bowling, went to the museum, walked around the park, went to the carnival, then he took me back home.

It was Monday morning, and I had to get my lazy butt up and go to school. I was happy though. I was going to be able to see Kaoru!

Ugh... But I'll see Kyoya and Takashi too. This big love square has got me having mixed feelings. What is my life?

When I got to school, I could not wait to see Kaoru. Hanging out yesterday made us closer to each other and I just needed to see him. I walked through the hall to my classroom.

"Rina?" I hear a voice behind me. I turn to look over my shoulder.

"T-Takashi." Shit.

"Rina! Where have you been? I've been worried sick!" He rushes over to me and pulls me into a tight, warm hug.

"Takashi... Sorry I didn't say anything. After that night at the skate rink I thought you were mad at me." I say hugging back.

"Why would i ever be mad at you? I confessed my love to you... And I'm sorry I acted the way I did. I guess I was just.... Jealous."

Jealous?

"You? Jealous? Of what?"

He sighs and scratches the back of his neck nervously. "I was jealous of Kyoya. I found out you guys were a thing and I guess it brought out the worst in me."

"Oh... I'm sorry Takashi. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I'm still trying to figure things out myself. You see... Kaoru just got added to the mix, and now I have more problems to deal with." I twiddle with my fingers, finding it awkward that I was talking to Takashi about this.

But...

He didn't get angry.

"Well I hope you make the right choice. Even if it isn't me. As long as you're happy... I'm happy for you."

Boom...

Mind blown.

I was not expecting that.

"Thank you Takashi..."

"Come on... We'll be late if we don't head to class now." He takes my arm, and leads me down the hallway to our classroom.

Class was boring as usual. I feel like I should be put in a more advanced class. All of the things we are learning, I learned 2 years ago in Ireland. I sigh, and look out the window at the garden.

Maybe I'll go there for my free period instead if the host club.

Free period started and I put my things in my locker, then made my way to the garden. It was so peaceful, like all of my stress and troubles were flowing away from me in the wind.

The sweet scent of the cherry blossoms made me relax even more. I sat under a cherry blossom tree, allowing the pedals to fall upon my body.

That's when I heard a twig snap from behind me. I turn my head toward the sound and see Takashi, walking toward the tree.

"T-Takashi... What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I needed to come and see you. I didn't have any customers for a bit so I decided to come find you." He comes over and sits beside me.

"So... How are you're parents doing?" I ask him.

"Oh... Their good. They miss you a lot. You were the sunshine of their life." He smiles.

I always was.

"Yeah... I remember, before I moved away to England, that they used to call me sunshine. You called me that for a while too." I giggled.

"You were the sunshine of my life too. Everyday you would wake up in such a positive mood, and stay that way all day, never once frowning. That smile was glued to your face. That smile.... Always made me happy to see." He runs a finger down my cheek, lingering by my lips.

"I remember when you found out I was going to be leaving, and you threw a 2 day temper tantrum. I came to your room and talked to you about it." I say, turning my face away from him, pulling my knees to my chest.

His fingers leave my cheek and he looks in the direction I was looking in.

"You came in with a smile and told me that it would only be for a little bit, and that you would eventually come back. That everything would be okay, and no matter how far away from me you were, you would always be thinking of me."

"I remember that." I smiled again.

"Rina... Can I tell you something?" He asks.

I didn't turn and look at him. "Sure."

He takes my chin in his hand and turns my head toward him. "You're still the sunshine of my life." He leans in closely to me, locking our lips together.

----

Wow! Haven't uploaded this story in a while! How has everyone been?

Tina moment right there! So cute! I ship it!

Tina is my favorite actually.

Anyone else?

~A.R.~