29

Xingqiu POV:

I lay awake with Chongyuns arms around me, he had fallen asleep after our conversation but I couldn't.

All I could think about was how stupid I was for saying that! I mean who says that to their boyfriend!!! He must think he isn't good enough for me. But he is! He's more than good enough!! He's the best thing I could ever ask for..

Yet here I am.. telling him I don't like my life.

I looked at the ceiling and tried to stop thinking but I just ended up thinking more.

I turned over so that I was now facing Chongyun, he was sleeping and as usual looked quite peaceful, except of course the slight look of sadness on his face.

that was there because of me.

he was sad because of me.

he always ends up hurt because of me.

maybe he would be better off without me...

No.

I can't think that. I would rather Die than lose him. but then again... was that selfish... letting him suffer because I don't want to lose him...

I needed help. I didn't know what to do. should I leave him so that he can be happy? or should I stay and hope things get better..?

and then I remembered my promise.

I can't leave him. not ever.

I remember my words to him when he had that fever;

"I promise, I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere."

I intended to keep that promise forever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chongyun POV:

I woke up a little confused, it was still the middle of the night and dark, why was I awake? then I looked at Xingqiu who was also awake. had he not slept again?

"Xingqiu?" I spoke quietly, making him jump a little,

"Yun? Why are you awake?" He asked, seemingly surprised,

"I could ask you the same thing!" I huffed,

"I couldn't sleep thats all." He answered, sitting up,

"is there any way I can help?"

"Not really.."

"hm.. well lie down, thats a start."

he laughed a little before complying and laying back down,

"I know!" I exclaimed, "I'll read to you!"

he smiled at the idea,

"That sounds nice.." he whispered,

he cuddled up into my arms as I turned on the lamp and got the new book he had been reading, he really went through these things fast, he had gotten this one two days ago and it was already almost done,

this one was called, 'the legend of Vanessa" and it was about the founder of the knights of favonious.

As I read to him he lay still in my arms, the only movement I could feel from him was soft breathing.

I continued to read as he fell asleep and I soon understood why he enjoyed reading to me so much, watching him fall asleep was possibly the most adorable thing I'd ever seen.

Once he had gone to sleep I put the book away and turned off the lamp before laying down and pulling Xingqiu towards me so that we were cuddling again.

Soon enough I also fell asleep and I was surprisingly cool, usally when I'm trying to sleep I get pretty hot and then when I'm cuddling with Xingqiu I sometimes almost overheat, but today my temperature was normal, perfectly normal...

I wonder if this was to do with reading.. or Xingqiu... but either way I slept better then I has slept in years.

It took me by surprise how well I had slept, especially thinking of the conversation we had before hand.. you'd think I wouldn't be able to sleep for days after that.. but somehow, knowing he was here, in my arms, alive... even when he felt like dying... that was more reassuring than anything.

---------------

A/n:

Hey everyone, i just wanted to let you knos that the chapters might start being a little shorter since I have my last term of school for this year (which means exams) and I won't have as much time to do long updates, but I'll try my best and get back to long chapters ASAP :)

Also, happy pride month everyone!!! 🏳️‍🌈 🏳️‍⚧️🦌