Together again pt1

Lucas' POV

Amy left with Kaleb for the store and Emma and I had some time together I had hoped Kaleb would stay but I guess he's just not used to me yet or whatever, but they have been here for a minute and they'll be here longer due to her unwanted vacation.

"What do you want to do till mommy gets back?"
She gave me a weird look like she was planning some shit and I was worried for my self a bit there.

"Swim!" She yelled

This kid is crazy her mother would kill me.

"Your mom would kill me if she found out and your hair is gonna get wet. She gave me a look and again I was frightened for my life, she really is like her mom in some ways

"Call her!" Why is she screaming at me? I can't have two women yelling at me for no reason

Me: Hey meet us at the river when you leave wherever you are.

Amy: Oh god. Fine please don't kill my child and if her hair gets wet you're paying for it.

Me: Deal

"Your mom said it's fine let's go!"

"Yaay!" She screamed again and ran off I thought she was quiet.

🖤

After about and hour Amy and Kaleb came they took a while I assumed she was changing or something. Emma didn't notice them because she was too busy fighting for her life. My methods of teaching one to swim is not for the faint of heart really but she was getting the hang of it she was a quick learner which was good.

🖤

Amy's POV

I couldn't hide they joy on my face, I was so happy to see us as a family, having fun and getting along. Lucas and I couldn't get a long no matter how much we loved each other there's always going to be something that keeps us from being together in a peaceful healthy relationship and I don't want the kids to be the reason that happens. It would almost be like we're using them to not be toxic and that's dumb. If we can't be adults then what's the point?

"Mommy!" I am woken from my thoughts when I hear Emma's cry

"Yes baby?"

"Home"

"Ohkay" I take her to Lucas' car to dry and change her just to see there is no towel and I don't know I am surprised at this point I used Kaleb's towel to dry her and put her in my seat.

"Kaleb! Let's go baby!"

"No!"

"No? What do you mean no?"

"Not ready!"

Ohkay this was a bad idea it was getting late and  cold and I didn't want them getting sick.

"Kaleb now!" I yelled he didn't like when I yelled and neither did Emma so I didn't do it often. He could cry all he wants but I don't care we need to go and I was starving.

"You guys going with dad or coming out with me?" I asked this knowing they'll go with him, and I was right.

🖤

I left Lucas to put them to bed and I showered and watch TV.  While i waited for him.

"Hey" I hear him coming from the room

"Guess what?"

"Oh no what is is now?"

I rolled my eyes at him "concidentaly my company is expanding and guess where the next branch is?"

"Uhmm Midvale?"

"Yes. Thats where I be staying, I love my home but this promotion kinda is too good to pass up. I hate this shit hole of a town but I guess I'll just have to work with ut for the sake of my babies"

Lucas looked at me and said nothing for a while and then ge spoke.

"Are you going to live here or get your own place?"

"I would like to get my own place but the children back and forth our houses would be hell for both of us and finding a house is going to take time"

"Amy, I love these kids. Yes I love you too, and I know I am probably late as fuck but please let us do this again. The right healthy way not just for them but for us too, you know we cant figjt our feelings for too long before it kills us"

He was right I loved him still and I still believe he is bad for me but yes it would hury to try again but I am willing to do it.  One slip up and I am out.

"Yes I will try Lucas. I love you I always have but I am jist afraid you'll hurt me again"

He held my face in his hands and looked me in my eye and told me he wouldn't hurt me and that we'd be doing it the right non toxic way.

"Amy?"

"Yes?"

He looked at me longer and then said "would you go on a date with me?"

I laughed and answered yes.

A/N: Boo! Short chapter!
Thanks for reading my lovelies!