Moved on

.

They say with age comes maturity, and she certainly has matured she has grown as an individual she's successful everything she wanted to be, and leaving home was her doorway to all of that. And she was happy with her self

6 years later

Today would have made five years since I last saw or even spoken to Lucas. Ever since that pregnancy incident.

My boyfriend and I have been together for two and a half years. He wants kids and so do I, but we both think it's best we wait until if or when we get married.
Myself on the other hand doesn't wish to be married to Shawn. I convince myself I love him and all but I don't know, I know I'm happy with him. But for almost three years of being together there's alot he doesn't know about me and my past.
I would love to keep it --

Beep beep!

"Are you going to drive or not lady!!!" I hear a man yell blowing his car horn from behind me. The lights had turned green but I was so lost in thought I didn't notice. I quickly drove off knowing I was late for my meeting.

I park my car in the really huge parking lot. I stood infront of my car and looked up at the thirty store building infront of me.
On the top of the building there was a huge sign that read :
"Johnson's Consolidated"

I walk into the building heading straight for the meeting room. My boss had called me asking me to come early for this meeting, I have no clue what it was, I don't know if u was getting fired promoted or warned. His voice just sounded like it always did.

"Good morning Miss Burke" the gentleman at the head of the desk greeted me.

"Good morning, Mr?" I had never seen this man before who is he?

"Maxwell. I'm Paul Maxwell. You've never met me before, but I am I the head of the board at J.C and I have some news for you." He along with everyone else looked at me.

"Amy sit" my boss said to me.

"What's going on Sir?" I whispered but he just gestured for me to listen.

"Miss Burke" Mr Maxwell continued "You have been working here for a long time now. For roughly six years. First as an intern to experiencing a part of each faculty. With that said. You are now Mr. Wilson's assistant and second in command at the present moment."

"Wait second in command?"

"Let me finish Miss Burke" he paused them continued with words that almost sent me flying through the window. "You are now the new CEO of Johnson's Consolidated" with that he and everyone started applauding.

"Wait what? I'm what?" I was so confused how is this happening? "I don't understand"

"I am leaving the company Amy" he paused I seemed to be the only one in shock here. "I am handing over the company to you since you are the only one qualified enough and the only one I can trust. It is yours now use it's resources as you see fit."

"Do you accept Miss Burke?" Mr. Maxwell asked me.

"Yes yes I accept" this was one of the best days of my life I get to run a company I own a company. I wanted to start from scratch but I did work my way from the bottom to the top right? All my hard work finally paid off.

In the middle of our little celebration my phone rang.

"I'm sorry my phone is never on-" the caller ID made my heart fall to the floor it wasn't Shawn it was Lucas. The shock caused the glass I was holding to fall, the impact on the floor snappedme back to what was happening.