She's Gone

.

She was tired, she was hurting, she wasn't reassured she was still broken, no matter what he did he could only do so much. So she left, she left him, she left her friends, she left everyone just to start over, just to find out who she really was. She needed to prove to her self that she didn't need a man to make her happy.

Lucas' POV

Time is the master of it all. Everything in it's due time. The inevitable had finally come.

After that little stunt I pulled picking her up, I knew we had some talking to do.

I thought about the words she uttered and it was clear as day that the time had come for us to part. It was something I was mentally prepared for.

After all, "no strings attached" the motto in the back of my head. But for some reason it never sat well with me that the time had really come.
  I wasn't sure if I was to stop her or just allow her to leave. "I want a drink, you want one?" I quickly said as I walked into the kitchen.
   Henny on rocks would keep me settled so I could actually respond to her.
As I sat there sipping on the cinnamon based burbon I looked at her and saw the fear in her eyes.
Was this her fear or was I looking at my reflection. There was no doubt that I cared about her. One might say love her but deep down I knew she could never handle what was to come.
Not with her mindset. It never made a difference at this point because I needed her to get back on her feet, and not hide behind the illusion, the temporary high which I gave her.
I needed her to be free from her past and yes free from me.

As the final gulp went down, "Amy I Lo..."

"Don't!!" She exclaimed stopping me in my tracks. As tears filled her eyes I held her. "I can't do this back and forth shit with you. I simply can't. My decision is final" she removed herself crying.

"So now what?" I asked.

"I dont know, I really don't."

"I guess this is it then, Let me take you home."

It was a silent car ride, nothing the only sound was our hearts thumbing, and wind blowing through the windows.

As we pulled up to the gate she kissed me one final time and stepped out the car. I could tell she didn't really want to let go, but I guess she had to. She walked inside the house and I drove off.

Amidst the chaos going on in my head I had to hold my composure. She would be better off without me either way.

I wanted the best for her and being prepared mentally I knew I wasn't this.

Amy's POV

I couldn't wrap my head around the thought that I had just left. I thought he'd be the one to leave me and forget me like our years if friendship didn't matter. But I did I threw it all away, I let him go. I kissed him, for the last time forever, and I didn't want to let go. I had reached my breaking point, I couldn't continue like that.

It was going to happen anyway, so I saved my self the extra hurt, and just left. I really couldn't do this with him anymore and I don't know how much more of it I could have taken before I snapped. Believe me I didn't want to snap at him deep down I wanted to say what's on my mind, yelling.....But.... I didn't I just said what I needed to. It was time to move on.

I remember when I spoke to my mom on the phone about my little situation with Lucas. I remember exactly what she said.

"There will always be problems. It's just how the world works. You'll figure it out. If you keep waiting until you're ready then you will be waiting forever. Because no one is ever truly ready. You have to prepare yourself for the worst in life you can't always think everything will be all sunshine and rainbows, that isn't how the world works. One way or the other your eyes will open up to the true nature if human beings. Not everyone is the same, everyone is different.
You have to learn how to adjust to new people and new environments. You're growing up, and I'm sorry I missed most of it. But I'm here if you need me. I love you my sweet child."

I didn't get what she meant then, I don't think I fully understand now. I time I guess.

What I feel for Lucas is new. I loved Cameron with everything I had, but he broke me. I retaliated and here I am. Alone just like in the beginning.

After a while I got out my thoughts and put my packed bags in the backseat of my car and left. I didn't really say good bye, I just kissed Mark on his forehead and left. They would still continue to beg me to stay. But I couldn't, not anymore.

So I left. I'm gone and I'm not coming back.

A/N: Thanks for reading my lovelies!!
Did you like my heart to heart chapter?
Oh I wonder what will become of 'AL4L' sigh...

Hope you enjoyed 🤭

Credits to isabelleronin Chasing Red for my quote. Don't want to be sued for using her words.