Fashion Is Deadly

Jack was now at the wheel of the ship and Harmony was sitting next to him. Both didn't look worried at all that the two guards were pointing their guns at them.

"You don't have permission to be there." The guards told them.

"He has my permission and I have his permission to be on here." Harmony said.

Jack shushed her before looking back at the guards. "I'm sorry, it's such a pretty boat... Ship."

"What's your names?" One of the guards asked.

"Smith, or Smithy if you like. This is my child." Jack replied.

"What's your purpose in Port Royal Mr. Smith?" The other guard asked.

"Yeah and no lies." The first guard ordered.

"Darling, they don't want lies. You can take this one." Jack told Harmony.

"We want to take one of these ships, gather up a crew, and set sail to get back the ship that was taken from him ten years ago before he got me." Harmony said.

"I said no lies." The guard repeated.

"I think she's telling the truth." The other guard argued.

"If she were telling the truth she wouldn't have told us."

"I can assure you gents the girl hasn't told a single lie in her life. God knows how I've tried to teach her." Jack said.

Jack started telling the two guards one of his tall tales and the two were actually very fascinated by it. Harmony looked over and saw a woman fall off the fort and into the waters.

"And then they made me their chief." Jack told the guards.

"Look!" Harmony shouted.

The three men looked over and saw her fall.

Harmony looked at the two guards surprised they were just standing there. "Aren't you gonna save her?" Harmony asked.

"We can't swim." The guards told her.

"Yet you were stationed at the water?!" Harmony scoffed.

"Pride of the King's Navy, you are." Jack sighed as he took off his hat and effects before giving them to Harmony and jumped into the water.

Harmony watched with the guards as a huge ruffle made the water literally jump and there was a sudden change in the weather.

"What was that?" The guard asked.

"The water be cursed as it seems." Harmony sighed relieved as she saw Jack come up with a woman.

"I got her!" The guards set the woman on the docks.

"Not breathing!" One of the guards panicked.

Harmony handed Jack's things to the guards before she took out the knife and cut off the corset the woman was wearing. "Honestly, the things you fools do for your horrid rich folk fashion."

The woman coughed up the water and opened her eyes wide.

"Never would have thought of that." One of the guards praised her.

"Of course not, you're not dumb enough to wear one of these." Harmony got up and faced Jack. "Remember when this happened to another woman in Singapore?"

"Indeed I do love." Jack nodded before he noticed a coin was around the woman's neck. "Where did you get this?"

Next thing Jack knew there were swords pointed at him. "On your feet."

Harmony quickly got in front of Jack to protect him but Jack pushed her behind him as he put his arms around her shoulders.

An older man rushed over to the woman and quickly wrapped his coat around her.

"Commodore, do you really intend to kill my rescuers?" The woman asked.

"Who's bloody idea was it to put this on her?" Harmony asked holding up the corset. "This is what almost killed her."

"Love this is the time where you should only speak when spoken to." Jack told her.

"But we have done nothing wrong, she'd be dead if it wasn't for us." Harmony argued.

"Then I believe thanks are in order." The commodore held out his hand.

Jack hesitated for a moment before holding out his hand that wasn't holding Harmony only for the Commodore to roll up his sleeve and see the pirate brand on Jack's arm.

"Had a brush with the East India Trading Company, did we, pirate?"