Wind In The Sails

The town was a mess as always. Guns going off, drunks everywhere and people hanging from the rooftops. How Harmony hated it here.

"What do you think Will?" Harmony asked as they watched a man gulp down rum right from the barrels.

"It'll linger." Will answered.

"I'll tell you mate." Jack said. "If every town in the world were like this one, no man would ever feel unwanted. Scarlett!"

A woman with very red hair marched up and slapped Jack hard across the face.

"Not sure I deserved that." He turned only to see another woman in front of him. "Giselle."

"Who was she?" Giselle asked.

"What?" Jack asked before Giselle slapped him in the face to. "I may have deserved that."

Harmony rolled her eyes before following him around until they saw Mr. Gibbs sleeping with the pigs. "That is so gross."

Jack grabbed a bucket of water and dumped it at Gibbs.

"Curse you for breathing you slack jawed idiot!" Gibbs coughed before he saw who was standing in front of him. "Mother's love. Harmony, Jack you should know better than to wake a man when he's sleeping. It's bad luck."

"Fortunately I know how to counter it." Jack said. "The man who did the waking buys the man who was sleeping a drink."

"And the man who was sleeping drinks while listening to a proposition from who did the waking." Harmony finished for Jack.

Gibbs just looked on confused.

Harmony sighed. "Jack will buy you rum while you listen to his offer."

Gibbs finally understood. "Aye that will about do it."

Will then stepped over soaking Gibbs with more water.

"Blast! I'm already awake!" Gibbs yelled.

"That was for the smell." Will explained.

Jack brought them all to a nearby pub. "Keep a sharp eye love." Jack told Harmony who nodded and stayed by Will.

"Stay close Will." Harmony whispered to him. "Loose gunshots all over this dump."

"What's going on Harmony?" Will asked.

"Jack is asking Gibbs to find a crew as crazy as himself. We're gonna need it to go after the Pearl, we can't just get your girlfriend back with just the three of use when there's probably thirty men on the Pearl you know."

"She's not my girlfriend." Will admitted.

"Girlfriend, love interest, sister doesn't matter." Harmony rolled her eyes. "Point is if we're gonna save her we need extra hands."

"Harmony!" Jack shouted making her turn to him. "Bedtime!"

Harmony groaned somewhat embarrassed. "Good night Will." Harmony sighed before following Jack to the room she'll be staying in.

Will walks up to Gibbs as he sets up a table to meet some pirates. "Is Harmony Jack's child?"

"In every way except blood boy." Gibbs answered. "Jack took her in when she was a newborn, been raising her as his own since. Was around the time I met him actually, sweet little thing. Still is if you're on her good side. Remember that boy."

Jack shook his head as he watch Harmony transform the bed. "Harmony, what did I saw about your powers."

"Oh come on, who knows who was here before us. That bed was stained with vomit and who know what else." Harmony said as she laid down.

Jack kissed her forehead. "Night love."

"Good night." Harmony said before Jack left to his own room.

In the morning after everyone was up and had breakfast Gibbs showed Jack the crew. "Feast your eyes Captain and young Harmony. All of them faithful hands before the mast and every man worth his salt and crazy to boot."

Harmony looked into the eyes of them to make sure they weren't traitors. "The best are crazy they say." Harmony mumbles.

"So this is your able bodied crew?" Will asked with his voice laced with doubt.

"Shut up Will." Harmony said.

Jack stops in front of a man with a parrot on his shoulder. "You sailor!"

"Cotton sir." Gibbs introduced.

"Bravo Gibbs. Only a few hours and you know everyone's names. Always did admire that photographic memory of yours." Harmony told him honestly impressed.

"Mr. Cotton." Jack continued. "Do you have the courage to follow orders and stay true in the face of danger and death?" When Cotton said nothing Jack snapped. "Mr. Cotton, answer man!"

"He's a mute sir." Gibbs explained. "Poor devil had his tongue cut out."

"Wow, who'd you piss off?" Harmony asked curiously.

"Hush child." Jack scold.

"He trained the parrot to talk for him." Gibbs continued. "No one's yet figured how."

"Cool." Harmony said honestly impressed.

Jack cleared his throat. "Mr. Cotton's.... parrot."

Harmony burst out laughing making Jack once again cover her mouth with his hand.

"Sorry about the child, now as I was saying. Mr. Cotton's parrot, same question."

"Wind in the sails! Wind in the sails!" The parrot squawked. 

"Mostly we figured that means yes." Gibbs nodded.

"Of course it does." Jack agreed.