Beware

The much needed shower was amazing. The warmth eased my sore muscles and I watched as the dirt and blood wash off me and down the drain.
My hair was a tangled mess, and took me washing it twice to get it clean. After the long shower I already felt much better. I dried off with a towel hanging beside the shower and combed out my hair.
I remembered I didn't have any clothes so I went into his bedroom, opening a drawer that had a bunch of t shirts in it.
I slipped one on, hoping he wouldn't mind me borrowing it for the night.
I'm fairly tall at 5'9 but his shirt is massive on me, going down to my mid thigh.
I step back out to the living room, seeing him gathering some bandages.
"Thank you for letting me use the shower, I feel so much better" I tell him

He looks back over to me, stopping to look over my body and what I'm wearing.
"Oh, I'm sorry, I should have asked first before taking one of your shirts" I said nervously
I turned to change,
"No, keep it on." He tells me.
I just nod, sitting on one of the stools by the kitchen while he gathers some first aid tools
I watch him as he moves around, seeing his shirt stretches over his muscles while he reaches for things.
I get out of my thoughts as he comes back over to me.
He hooked an arm under me, suddenly lifting me up to sit on the counter.
I look down to see him holding my ankle, taking a small tub of some cream and using it over the bruised area.
"It will help the swelling" he tells me, sensing my confusion.
"Oh"
Despite him looking so violent, he rubs the cream into my ankle so softly. The treatment causes  a warm, almost tingling sensation over the area, helping with the pain. I let out a long sigh as I feel it start to work quickly.
Reid clears his throat as he grabs a roll of bandage, wrapping it securely around my foot and ankle so that it's more supported.

"Thank you, you really don't have to do all this for me" I tell him
"Don't worry about it Bambi" he says getting up.
He grabs a needle, cleaning it with a bit of alcohol.
He puts a bit of the liquid on a cloth,
"This will sting a bit"
I nod as he goes to dab it on the open wound.
I grimace, gripping onto his arm tightly as the alcohol hits the gash.
He finishes cleaning it, and I let go of his arm realizing I was still clenching it.
"Sorry" I mumble
He doesn't seem to care as he gets the needle and places a large hand on my other shoulder, holding me still.
"I need you to be still, can you do that for me?"
I nod, and he turns his attention back to my shoulder.
I tense as the needle pokes through my skin, but don't move. I try and distract myself by talking to him.
"What do you call me Bambi?" I wince
He passes for a moment before continuing to another stitch.
"Because you looked like a scared little doe when I found you" he stated
"What had you so scared?" He asks me
I sigh, my cheeks already getting hot from embarrassment.
"A fox" I say quietly.
He looks up to me, a small grin on his face.
"A fox, huh?"
I rolled my eyes and he stuck me with the needle again.
"It started chasing me" I mumbled my reasoning.
He just shook his head, finishing up the last stitch.
He put a bandage over the stitches, satisfied with his work.
"Done" he states, lifting me and setting me down softly on the floor.
I find myself staring while he puts everything away.
After a few minutes, he turns back to me as I hide myself under his strong gaze.
"You like tea?" He asks
He pulls out a tea kettle, and a small laugh escapes me seeing this massive? tough looking man making tea.
He raises an eyebrow at me,
"Something funny?"
I shake my head no but he continues to stare.
A small smile forms on my face as I explain,
"I mean it's just that you're so big and manly I just wasn't expecting you to be a tea kind of guy"

I try and avoid his eyes as I tell him, not wanting to feel his stare.
He mumbles a few words I don't catch before boiling the water.
"Yes I like tea, sorry" I get out
He nods, putting some tea in two mugs before pouring the hot water in.
"So if you didn't think I was a "tea kind of guy" what kind of guy did you think I was hm?"
I take a sip of the warm liquid, looking over him while I think of my response.
"I don't know, some guy like in those movies where they order bourbon at the bar while some hot girl in a red dress sits beside them" I laugh

He smirks at my answer,
"Well Bambi, you may have noticed that there isn't a bar around here for 100 miles and I believe you're the first girl I've seen wandering around the middle of the forest where we are so..."
I look over at him,
"Do you not leave here much?" I ask
"Maybe once a month to the camping town about 30 miles from here but that's about it. I have everything I need here" he says
I nod, finishing my tea.
I wonder what it would be like so secluded out here, but it is beautiful.
I put my mug away, yawning.
"Get some sleep, my bed is in there and I'll be out on the couch if you need" he says.
I turn to him, feeling guilty.
"No, I should sleep on the couch. It's your place" I reason
"You're sleeping on the bed." He says sternly
I can tell not to argue it, so I just nod
"Thank you"
I walk towards the bedroom, stopping to look back at Reid.
"Oh and thank you for letting me stay the night, who knows what animals could have been waiting out there for me" I say
Walking away into the bedroom I hear him say,

"Sometimes the most dangerous creatures aren't the ones you find within the woods"