Close

I sat on the couch sipping some tea while Reid added wood to the fire. The crackling from the fireplace combining with the low rumble of thunder in the distance.
I looked out the window, taking in the picture of stars filling the darkness. It was so different than the black night inside the city, it was beautiful.
"I can understand why you like being out here." I tell him
I can feel him come behind me, taking in the view.
"It's peaceful"
I find myself leaning back against him, I just liked how comfortable I felt with him.
We stood there for a while, no need to say anything to each other.
Thunder sounded nearby and he automatically rested his hand on my shoulder, showing me he's there.
I long yawn came from me and I decided I should go to sleep.
I walked to the room, somewhat hoping Reid would follow behind me.
I looked back, seeing him settle on the couch and I internally debated asking him to come with me.
This is weird right? Asking some guy to come sleep with me?
I shut the bedroom door behind me, lying down on the bed alone.
I must have spent near an hour in bed trying to go to sleep.
I walked to the bedroom door, opening it to see Reid already standing there.
We looked at each other for a moment,
"Stay with me?" I ask softly
He comes in after me, getting under the covers beside me. It feels slightly awkward, us so close to each other in the same bed. There's a silent tension for a few minutes as I close my eyes and try to relax.
I feel Reid slide his hand under my back, pulling me into him so that I can rest my head on his chest. I smile into him as his hand sets gently on my back.
Listening to the beat of his heart under my ear, I quickly fell asleep.

I woke up feeling so rested, snuggling further into Reid's warm body. Somehow over the night I had shifted on top of him, his arms securely wrapped around me.
I was fully over him, my body clinging to him like a personal heater. I started to worry I was crushing him, trying to shift my weight more to the side and roll off of him.
He stirred a bit,
"Don't you dare move" he mumbled in a deep morning voice. It was so raspy it practically sent shivers down my spine, and my body stopped like he told me to.
"I'm crushing you" I whisper
He laughs slightly at that,
"I could have three of you on me right now Bambi, you're not crushing me" he says, eyes still closed.
I sigh, leaning back into his chest as he holds me. We're both awake but neither of us are ready to pull away just yet. He leans up slightly, resting his head in my neck as he inhales deeply.
He lets out a groan at the scent of me, and my body feels on fire with his lips millimeters away from brushing my neck.
The pouring rain and his body heat are minutes away from making me fall right back asleep when we hear a crash from outside.
I loud groan of annoyance comes from below me as Reid gently rolls me off of him.
Setting me on the bed, he gets up allowing his muscles to stretch out.
"Stay inside, I'll be back" he tells me

I drag myself out of bed, walking over to the window to see what's happening. He walks over to the massive metal rack that held rows on rows of chopped wood.
One of the sides had broken off during the storm and Reid begins to unload all of the firewood.
He then went to the side, trying to reposition the metal posts back together.
He left to go to a small shed by the corner of the cabin, coming out minutes later holding a toolbox.
The rain was still pouring down and his hair and body were soaked. I bit down on my lip as I watched him work. Moving around, he repositioned the lower shelf, drilling it back in place before making sure it was steady.
He climbs up to the top post that broke apart, trying to fit the two metal pieces back together. The broken top shelf rested on his shoulders while he balanced on the metal rack.
He seemed so natural at this, working easily as a fucking 10 foot metal post sat on top of him.
Just as the piece was fit back into place his arm slipped a bit, causing the edge of the metal post to slice into his forearm.
I gasped, stepping away from the window before rushing to get outside.

Despite the bleeding cut on his arm, he was still up there fixing it by the time I got down there.
"Stop it! You're hurt!" I shout up at him
He glances down at me for a second before picking up the drill.
"I'm almost done, go back inside Bambi"
He drills the post in,
"No!"
He looks down at me raising an eyebrow
"No?" He questions
"No, I'm not leaving." I stand my ground.
He finishes the post, testing that it's stable again before climbing back down.
He walks over to me and I back up at the sinister smile on his face.
I'm backed against the cabin wall as he gets near.
"No? You must be very brave to tell a man like me no." He says in a deep voice.
We're both soaked by now but I'm not going anywhere.
"You're hurt" I whisper back, looking down at the large gash that's still bleeding.
"And I told you to stay inside." He grits out
We're so close at this point that I can feel his heavy breathing.
He looks down over me, closing his eyes and cursing.
I follow his eyes down to remember I was wearing his white shirt. His white shirt that was now soaked and very see through.