Morning

I squinted slightly, the morning sun shining brightly in my eyes. I turned over, inhaling the deep woodsy scent left on the sheets.
I eventually forced myself out from under the covers, stretching my sore muscles.
I left the bedroom, not able to find Reid anywhere in the cabin.
I heard a loud crack from outside and quietly went to check out the noise.
I peeked around the side of the cabin to find a shirtless Reid, his muscles flexing as he swings down a large axe.
The log seems to split in half effortlessly, and I stare as sweat drips down his neck and onto his chest.
"Did I wake you?" He asked, noticing my hidden self without even glancing in my direction.
Slightly embarrassed, I walk out from my hiding spot.
"No, no. I just wanted to see what the noise was"
He nods, swinging the axe down again.
I just watch him as he continues to chop the wood, not even caring if I look like a creep.

"There's food inside, eat." He tells me
I take that as a sign to leave him alone, so I head back inside.
I make some eggs for myself, sitting by the window so I can glance down at him occasionally.
Almost as if he felt me watching, he looked back up at me through the window.
I turn away, pretending I wasn't staring when I see him put down his axe.
Moments later he's walking through the door, and stops in the kitchen where I'm sitting.
I feel like he always traps my body in place by only looking at me.
"Are you bored Bambi?" He finally says
I shake my head no
"Well I just must be such good entertainment for you then" he smirks
I barely hear what he says as my eyes follow the bead of sweat going through his abs.
"I'm sorry, what?"
His grin only gets wider as he starts to walk to me.
I'm stuck on the counter with no way to avoid his presence. I see his eyes go over my bare legs, glancing along the smooth skin.
"Do I make you nervous Bambi?"
I try and avoid his stare while I respond,
"No Um- I think I'm just tired"
He pushes my hair out of my face and I almost shiver at his fingers.
"Did you not like the bed?"
"Oh no, no. The bed is amazing, I could sleep in your bed forever. Wait, no. I mean not like that-"
A low laugh comes from him as my cheeks turn red.
"Good" he responds
Reid turns around, going to make some food for himself.

I hear a light drizzle hit the window beside me.
"So, do you think we can go find my car? I should get out of your hair." I ask him
He takes a drink of water before turning back to me,
"You see, now was not a great time to get lost in the forest"
I roll my eyes at his words
"There's a big storm hitting for the next few days. That's why I was getting extra wood this morning."
I slide of the counter, walking to him
"Wait, what the hell do you mean"
He sighs out, pinching the bridge of his nose
"Nobody is making it in or out of this forest right now. It's practically impossible to not get lost in the storm, even for me." He explains
I process what he just said, realizing I'm trapped here for the next few days.
"Fucking hell, I have to get back home. I have a job and a life out there"
I continue to rant as Reid just ignores me, eating his breakfast.
I don't know what I'm going to do, I have people back home waiting for me.
"Bambi. Breathe."
I finally calm down, grabbing a book and sitting down on the couch while Reid is in the shower.
I was somewhat surprised by how many books he has.
My reading was halted when Reid entered, casually walking around with just a towel around his hips.
I mean this is his house
I tried to force my eyes back on the book, to distract myself from the massive man.
He sits down on the couch across from me, and I can feel his eyes while I read.
"That book is one of my favorites" he tells me
I look up for a moment,
"I like it so far"
He stands up, coming to me. Leaning down to my ear, he whispers
"By the way, pull down my shirt if you don't want me to loose my damn mind here"
He heads back to the bedroom as I look down, seeing that while I was sitting, his shirt rode up my hips to leave me totally exposed.
Oh shit
I didn't have anything to wear under it, so I was left bare in front of him.

I sit on the countertop while Reid silently makes us dinner. I tried to act calm after what happened earlier, but I turn red every time he glances over at me.
I had offered to help cook but he told me to just sit and wait.
"Why are you helping me out like this? I'm basically some strange woman intruding your home." I ask him
He stops what he was doing to look at me.
"I couldn't leave you alone out there" he says honestly
"Well you have to let me do something for you in return for you taking me in"
His hand grips the knife tighter as he chops.
"I mean it, whatever you need from me. I have money in my car but I can at least be of use to you while I'm here" I reason
He drops the knife, closing his eyes for a moment.
"Just take the favor. I don't need any money or things from you." He says in a low voice

I just want to do something in return for him.
"I just want to thank you somehow, there's got to be something I can do for you?" I persisted
I shut up as he looks me dead in the eyes,
"Oh Bambi. There's a lot of uses I can think of for you, but you should think before offering things you aren't willing to give." He grits out
I stare at him in confusion
"I don't underst-"
"You shouldn't tell some man you'll do whatever he wants you to unless you're wanting to be pinned to his fucking bed all night."