Here

Me and Cara had gotten up so early to help her pack her things. She had gotten a job offer in New Jersey and it was her dream position. She had debated it for a while, not wanting to be too far from me but I convinced her.
We would always have each other but this was something she couldn't pass up.

I had spent most of the day driving up to her new place and helping her unpack. Her company placed her in a nice apartment complex near her job, and I could see how excited she was.
"I'm going to miss you so much Mila. I'll call you all the time, and we can visit each other, and-"
I cut her off, pulling her in for a hug.
"I'm so happy for you. Enjoy it here, I'll always be a phone call away." I whisper
We both held each other for a few minutes before saying goodbye.
My eyes watered as I got back in my car.
This would be the first time we would be in different places, but I knew nothing would change between us.
Our bond was too strong.

I woke up early the next day for work, pouring myself a cup of tea. Reid had given me a box of the kind he uses, much better than the bitter herbal tea I got before.
I was finally finished with my project proposal for work and I was going in to present it today. Typically I would feel anxious for something like this but I know I put everything I could into this.
I have found a more confident version of myself these past few weeks, and that's probably thanks to Reid.
I managed to stay calm during my pitch, going through and explaining the data behind my approach. It was a unique strategy but it was clear everyone in the room was on board once I walked through the reasoning.
I walked out of the meeting, so happy with how well things went. All I wanted to do was to call Reid and tell him all about it.
"Hey gorgeous"
"Hey, I just got out of my pitch. It went so well, I couldn't believe it. I'm so excited!" I blurt out
I hear him laugh at my rambling,
"That's amazing Bambi, I knew you would be great." He tells me
"We'll, I need to go back to work now but I'll talk to you later, alright? Bye!"
I hang up, walking back to my desk.
My boss came in later that day, letting me know I had gotten the account.
I was stoked, and barely contained my reaction as she explained the timeline and next steps.
When she left, I texted my sister to let her know that I got the account and to see how she was settling in.
She sent me a photo of her fished apartment, saying that her first few days at work went amazing.
I haven't been this happy in so long.

I walked back to my car later that night, rain started to sprinkle down.
The clouds looked dark grey and ominous, and I drive quickly back to my place before the rain gets harder.
I had such an incredible day, but now this storm is throwing off my mood.
I just realized that I wouldn't have anyone to go to tonight with my sister gone. And even if I wanted to, I don't think I could ever drive up and find my way to Reid's in the rain again.
So I sat down on my couch, trying to distract myself with a movie as the thunder got increasingly louder.
Closing my eyes, I attempted to just block out the noise and flashes of lightning but I couldn't relax.
I went into my bedroom, getting under the covers as I hoped to wait out the storm.
My phone started vibrating and I could see Reid's name flashing on the screen.
I forgot I told him I would call him tonight.
I pick up the phone, trying to make my voice sound as stable as I could.
"Hey, I'm sorry. I- I forgot I was supposed to call you tonight." I apologized
"Don't worry about it gorgeous, I'm guessing you got the job?"
"Yeah, I'm so excited. I work- worked so hard for this." I smiled
"You're cutting out a bit baby, I can't hear you."
"Oh- um yeah, there's just a storm so my connection might be bad." I mumble
"What did you- a storm? Are you alright Bambi?" He asks me
"I'm- um I'm good. It's nice to talk to you. It helps."
"Hold on Bambi... I'm going to-"
I hear a beep as I loose internet and the call disconnects. A loud crash of lightning flashes outside the window and I burry myself under the covers.
I'll talk to Reid tomorrow when this passes.
Another hour goes by and tears roll down my cheeks as I try and breathe deeply.
I know this fear is so irrational, and after years of trying to get over it I still can't relax.
I hug my knees into my chest and try and think of things besides the storm. Like the mountains, my sister, friends, and all the good memories with Reid over these past few weeks.
He makes me so fucking happy.
It helps a little bit to take my mind off of what's going on outside.
I hear a banging sound through my apartment and huddle closer into my knees.
The sound comes again, and I realize it's someone knocking on my door.
I slowly get out of bed, coming to answer the door.
I wipe the tears off my face as I open the door
To see an absolutely drenched Reid.
"What are you doing here- how?" I ask confused
"You think I wouldn't notice your shaky voice over the phone? I tried to tell you I'm on my way but the call cut off."
He cupped my face with his hands, my eyes probably red and puffy.
I wrap my arms around him, quietly crying into his chest as he holds me tightly.
"Thank you" I whisper
He throws his wet clothes on the bathroom floor, drying off before coming to bed with me.
He holds me tightly to him, pressing kisses along my shoulder.
I can finally feel myself calm down as I snuggle into him, my body drifting to sleep.
"I love you so much Reid." I whisper before falling asleep.