10

Arjun's POV

Why do we fall in love? When we know that it is nothing but a trap. A trap which fascinates you so much that atlast you even forget yourself.

Am I falling in this trap too?...Or have I already?

A faint pain made it's way to my head making me shut my eyes tightly.

Fuck this pain.

I shouldn't have drunk so much last night. But what to do? I was angry and my anger always makes me blind. I just.. I just can't see things in a clear or sensible way at that moment.

However, the slow music was soothing my ears and soul as well. The drive seemed long yet pleasurable.

Her scent was still lingering in the air. Faint but enough for making me miss her presence at the same time, feel her presence beside me.

Ye raatein ye mausam nadi ka kinara,
Ye chanchal hawa....

Ye raatein ye mausam nadi ka kinara,
Ye chanchal hawa...Aa..aa..aa

A slight smile formed on my lips hearing the lyrics of the song which was currently playing on the radio.

I felt like the song was describing my feelings. I started missing her more badly.

I don't know what came in my mind but I rolled down the window...just the way she did. I wanted to feel what she felt after doing this.

Does the wind really soothes you?

Is it better than the air conditioner?

As soon as I rolled it down, I got my answer.

Yes.

It does. The wild wind was hitting my face. I felt a strange calmness which directly went to my heart, calming it down as well.

Though, it was not raining but you can't say anything about rain in Mumbai.

The soft music and the cool wind was making me feel..happy?

Well! An emotion which is quite unfamiliar to me and why won't it be? I don't even remember the last time I felt happy from inside.

Money can buy you anything but happiness.

I still remember how I used to wait for Sundays so that I would be allowed to step out of that cage.

How I used to spend the whole day on that very spot where, I still go to find myself. My actual self.

My attention went to my phone which was constantly ringing but I didn't even bother to see the caller's name as I already knew who it was.

I have been ignoring Advik since morning. I am in no mood of hearing his shitty lectures. He is my friend, an old one and still couldn't understand me. He thinks I overreacted. Like seriously?

I was hurt and on top of that I was angry. He knows I don't have any control on this anger of mine.

My mood turned bitter the moment my so called Home came into the view. I don't know why but this place is seeming quite vacant these days. Not that I used to have people in this mansion but still.

Because of a certain person, nowadays I am feeling lonely when she is not around. Even in my own house where nothing but silence and loneliness are my friends.

Heaving a deep sigh, I entered inside the mansion and found the staff members chattering around who got silent as usual the moment they heard my footsteps.