29

AUTHOR'S POV
                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The soft music entered her ears as she stepped inside the posh restaurant. Her insides were churning in disgust feeling his palm on her back.

A man in his late twenties came and bowed before them.

"This way, Sir" he showed them the way where Arjun has reserved.

By the looks, Saanvi guessed the man to be the manager of this restaurant. He was holding a smile on his face while guiding them towards the terrace.

There were three floors filled with families and friends who were enjoying their dinner.

But Arjun had booked the terrace area which was a lot more costly and spacious .

Her eyes widened seeing the view the moment they stepped inside the terrace. Although, she has lived in Mumbai for almost 12 years but never got the chance to look at it's beauty the way she was looking tonight.

After so many days something made her a bit happy. The terrace was decorated with fairy lights. Few people were already having their gala time.

The terrace was giving the view of the whole city. The sea was on the left side of Saanvi so the breeze was cool and calming. She could hear the waves crushing on the shores.

"Love" she flinched when he whispered in her ears, squeezing her waist lightly.

She was too engrossed in appreciating the view that she didn't notice that they were now alone at this corner.

He had booked the table which was a bit far away from the crowd.

He took out a chair for her and she sat silently. Her eyes lost their colours again as the time of the happiness she felt was very short.

Her eyes lowered in discomfort feeling his gaze on her continuously.

She tried to divert her mind by looking at the sea. The lights illuminating on the blue water, was enhancing it's beauty.

"What would you like to have?" His deep voice reached her ears forcing her to look at him.

"Anything" she answered not really in a mood of eating.

"Here, go through the menu" he forwarded the menu card to her which she took unwillingly.

She just wanted to enjoy the scenery without any interruption. His voice was irritating her badly.

"Let me order for you as well" he took the menu from her after not getting any answer.

She sighed and turned her face towards the sea again. Even after going through the dishes in the menu card, nothing fascinated her.

Maybe she was not in a mood of eating delicacies or maybe she simply doesn't have any appetite left after that night.

She was gazing at the waves when her lips curved up into a small sad smile.

She always wanted to take her mother to a place like this. Where her mother could enjoy the view along with the food without thinking about the expenses.

She was earning for her only. For seeing her mother's happiness. To give her the things she never got before. To fill her days and nights with joy and peace.

But as people say, nothing goes as planned. The same thing happened to Saanvi.

Her every dream shattered into pieces. Her spirit was killed by the same person who won her heart and filled it with respect in the first meeting only.