24

SAANVI'S POV
                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was standing in front of my cabin awkwardly. The stare of my fellow workers, were making me self conscious. Surely, they know about me being the wife of Arjun Khanna as the director himself has declared this in front of everyone just few minutes ago.

I wanted to stop him as I don't want to live a different life. I want to earn my name in this field, I don't want them to know me only as a billionaire's wife.

However, Mr. Tabish Khan was hell bent on introducing me as his business partner's wife. He treated me well but I didn't get that satifaction.

I smiled looking at my cabin. The room is quite large and spacious. I also liked the colour combination of my cabin. Neon and white.

Keeping my bag on the desk, I settled on my chair.

The excitement I had this morning about joining my office was slowly fading. Now, that they know I am his wife, either they will treat me like a queen or like a gold digger.

In both cases, it's my lost only.

I tried to avoid all the negative thoughts and focus on my work. Few files were kept on the desk which I was supposed to read carefully.

When I started working as a publisher in Nainital, I realised the amount of satisfaction and happiness I get by writing the harsh truths of our society.

Another reason for choosing this job is I didn't want to work under Arjun again. I would have been under his radar all the time, which obviously I don't want.

I knew he would tell me to continue my job in his firm as an event organiser and that's why I took this step.

Soon, I got loaded with work leaving all those negative thoughts behind.

.
.
.
.

"So, have you done masters as well?" Kirti asked taking a sip of her cappuccino.

She is a copy editor here and came to me during lunch. We instantly got along with each other and decided to have lunch in the cafeteria.

"Umm..no. I completed my graduation and then got a job" I answered to which she nodded.

She is a beautiful lady. Two years older than me. Unlike me, she is unmarried and is living here alone.

Tall and dusky with long hair and an impressive personality.

"What about you?" I asked and she heaved a deep sigh letting out a small laugh.

"Well, I started working after my 12th only, due to some family issues. Somehow I graduated and because the previous job was not actually a good job. I left it and with the help of a friend, I landed here" she completed with a smile which showed how grateful she is.

I smiled back and praised her for how strong and hardworking she is.

We continued our chit chat till the lunch hours got over.

******

I sighed leaning my back on the chair. After a long tiring day the last thing I want to do is to see his face.

I know I will have to go back and see his face. Give answers of his questions.

I didn't feel any thing when he apologised. I don't even know if it was genuine or not. From the starting only he is faking things.

It's truly hard to believe him. He has two sides and I don't even know when he will change himself into that monster.

The bruises he gave me that night have started fading.