11

Author's POV

The moon was glowing in the sky with million of stars sprinkled behind it. It was nearly midnight but the party was still young.

Youngsters were dancing on the latest tracks while the elders were enjoying the show.

"Did you like the food?" Saanvi asked hopefully.

A small smile formed on his lips seeing the look in her eyes. As if his appreciation will make her the happiest person in the world.

Though, it would make her happy but not in the way Arjun has predicted.

"Yeah, it's delicious" he replied to which she smiled.

They both were having dinner in the garden which was twinkling with colourful lights, making a soothing atmosphere.

For Saanvi, having dinner with Arjun is just a friendly gesture. When he asked her to have dinner with him, she didn't deny because she didn't find it inappropriate. Why would she? Is it bad to have dinner with your senior if he is being polite and friendly with you?

But Arjun again took it wrong. He again took her friendly gesture as something else. Something which isn't and won't even come in her mind.

Saanvi was eating peacefully completely deprived of the intentions of the man sitting right beside her.

.
.
.
.
.

"Sir, please I have booked a cab. I will manage" Saanvi was trying her best to deny the offer that Arjun gave her. To drop her home.

"But why will you go by a cab? I am here, right?" He sounded desperate as if her denial was igniting a fire inside him.

Saanvi's words halted as she sensed something weird in his tone. She wasn't liking this. She doesn't even know what she didn't like but she wanted to get away from him as soon as possible.

"Mr. Khanna, I said I can manage" Saanvi stated a bit sternly yet politely this time, "Thanks for the offer but I would like to take the cab only" she completed.

Arjun frowned at her words but decided not to let them ruin his mood. He decided to confess whatever he was feeling. Yes, he wanted to drive her home as they would get some alone time together when he will confess but because Saanvi was being stubborn, he decided to let all things out here only.

"Saanvi" it was the first time he was taking her name which suprised Saanvi, "I want to tell you something" he continued looking intently at her.

She was getting a different kind of feeling after hearing him and his face was looking different as well. Nevertheless, she told him to go on.

Arjun took few steps forward and now was standing close to her which made her quite uncomfortable. The weird feeling was growing by each passing second.

A gush of cool breeze pass through them. The sky turned darker as the clouds covered the moon and the twinkling stars.

"I..I really li-ike you" he couldn't believe that he stuttered but was happy that he atleast let out his feelings.

"I don't know when but I just want to spend all my time with you. I want you to stand by me everytime" a beautiful smile grazed his lips as he told her everything to reduce his inner turmoil.

To say Saanvi was shocked would be an understatement. She was beyond that. For a second, she thought she had heard wrong but unfortunately....it was the truth which he spoke.

Seconds passed and then minutes. None of them said a word. Arjun was looking at her with hope in his eyes to say something or more like confess the same.
While, Saanvi was running out of words.