twenty.

(Y/n) stared down Riki as he sat on the couch. She eventually allowed her own eyes to return to their natural (e/c) color and plopped down next to him.

"What do you want to know first?"

"Well, I got the second-to-last ability."

"That's not a question."

"Wow, do you want a cookie?"

"That's a question."

(Y/n) rolled her eyes and pulled up her hands. They began to shine a bright yellow color, much to Riki's apparent interest.

"A yes, the third quirk user's ability," Riki said. "It allows a user to harness the light energy around them and their own to imbue objects and manipulate them to do whatever they need."

"That sounds like telekinesis."

"It's pretty much telekinesis."

(Y/n) let out a sigh as she let the glow around her hands fade away. She leaned back against the couch. "So, if we're going by the rainbow order, why is yellow the second-to-last ability? Shouldn't that be orange?"

"No, orange is the first ability to be built off of the Energy quirk. That's the one you'll get last," Riki explained. "Red had the base powers. So the blasts, fields, pads—"

"Wait, pads?" (Y/n) questioned. "Do you mean the steppingstones?"

"Don't interrupt." (Y/n) kept her lips tightly pressed together. Riki continued, "So everything you first gained when you received your quirk, just without the red tint."

"Okay, then what's the orange ability?"

Riki stood up from the couch, prompting it to disappear. (Y/n) fell to the ground with a hard thud.

"You'll just have to figure that out for yourself, kid. I'll just see you—"

"No." She interrupted a second time as she stood back up. "I don't want to have to wait for another new pain or near-death experience to get some damn answers."

Riki narrowed his eyes as they started to glow a bright green once again. "You don't get to make that choice." His hands lit up a bright green as he slowly made his way towards her. "You still have time alive to discover these things on your own – I don't. So in this place, I call the shots."

He reached his green-lit hand towards her head. (Y/n)'s eyes quickly lit up as she created a field in front of her face.

Riki scoffed. "Please." He pressed his fingers against the field, draining the energy away as he continued to make his way towards her head. "I'm impressed by your relentlessness, but I don't want to answer any more questions."

(Y/n) took a step back, her body quickly enveloping with energy as she leapt up into the sky. She flew above Riki, her fists clenched and her eyes narrowed.

"Now that's not fair."

"No, what's not fair is having to listen to these bull crap answers and explanations and not have any of my own questions answered," she shot back. "Now you're going to keep answering my questions, or I'm going to stay up here and inhabit your apparent only personal space in the afterlife."

Riki stared at her for a moment. "Then you'll stay here until your home body rots."

Bakugo's glance shifted from the window, the door, and back at (Y/n)

Bakugo's glance shifted from the window, the door, and back at (Y/n). When she first went into the meditative state, it was dark and quiet. But as time went on, the room was filled with beautiful colors – a vision that he only truly saw around her.

The floating lights consisted of shades of blue, green, and now yellow. Her hands would switch between the colors as she was in the Energy State.

"What the hell are you doing in there, (Y/n)?"

(Y/n) kept her hard stare with Riki. "So you're willing to let your own flesh and blood just rot because you're too stupid and stubborn to answer some damn questions?"

Riki's eyes softened as his glow faded. "What did you say?"

"You're my mother's uncle, which makes you my uncle." (Y/n) began to lower herself back down to the ground, the glow around her fading away. "You're my Great Uncle Shigeo."

Riki remained silent for a moment, the couch reappearing as he fell back onto it. "I thought I had more time before you found out."

"I went home over winter break and mom had some family albums out." (Y/n) walked over to the couch and sat next to him. "I can assume that the Energy user before you was also a relative, right?"

"Yeah... she was my Great Aunt Mima," Riki responded, running a hand through his green-streaked hair. "She was known as Pulse."

"So this is just a mutation? A quirk that skips every other generation and grows more powerful every time?"

"Pretty much."

"What was the orange user's ability?"

Riki let out a sigh, slumping further back into his chair. "She was Mima's great aunt – known as Sunburst. During a battle near the end of her Pro Hero career, she went up against a villain that was known for mutilating the heroes they fought against."

"I don't like where this is going..."

Riki ignored (Y/n). "The villain sliced off her left leg and her right hand in battle. Sunburst was about to bleed out when her ability kicked in – in simple terms, it's an energy extension. It allows the user to grow out parts of their body but in an almost asterical form. It's not a replacement as it takes a lot of energy but it's very powerful."

The two remained silent for a moment. (Y/n) finally worked up the nerve to ask, "Did you ever use that ability?"

Riki was hesitant at first but slowly nodded. He pulled off his left glove, revealing what looked to be a hand but was bright green, glowed, and was practically see-through.

"It's permanent here because there's limitless power in the Energy State," he explained. "But I hope to god that you never have to use this ability. It is tiring, painful, and only leads to a near death.

"If you ever have to use it, I hope it's near your retirement time or when you've lived a full and happy life."

(Y/n) wasn't quite sure how to respond. She'd never seen Riki – or Uncle Shigeo – so serious... or even... sad?

"I just have one more question," (Y/n) began, gaining his attention once again. "Why my back this time? I thought you were just going to do my hands when I gain a new ability?"

Riki's dull expression soon returned. "Because I can."

In a swift movement, Riki's eyes and hands lit up. He pressed against her temple as she fell back against the couch and closed her eyes.