six.

"Why're you holding back, huh?! Scared?!"

"Wait, wait, wait! It's just not activating. I swear!" Midoriya screeched as he flew through the air.

(Y/n) turned to All Might as she watched the quirk-triggering brawl. "Do you want me to step in?"

He gave her a small nod in response. She turned back to the fight, holding up her hand as it began to have a light blue glow. She then created a forcefield between the two as All Might yelled at them.

"Enough!! That clearly isn't working, so cut it ou-blargh!" All Might then coughed up a little blood, causing (Y/n) to jump slightly at the violent sound.

The boys bounced off the field, falling back to the ground. Bakugo landed and looked up to All Might. "Wasn't it supposed to activate when he's feeling cornered?"

"Possibly, but we're training so it doesn't activate!" All Might then turned to Midoriya. "Any feedback, Midoriya, kid?"

"Like I thought... nothing." Midoriya looked at his arm. "The presence is gone."

Bakugo then had a thought. "Hey (Y/n), you were able to take out that Awase guy during training by taking away his energy, right?"

"Yeah, but don't you remember?" She held up her bandaged hand. "It also totally reopened my wound--like some sort of horror movie-type gore."

"Well maybe you can work it in reverse." Bakugo looked over to her and then back to Midoriya. "You were able to take away energy, so why don't you surge it into Deku?"

"Woah, hold on young Bakugo." All Might stepped in. "That might not be good, especially if it ends up hurting the both of them."

Somehow this caused Midoriya to go into a muttering frenzy. (Y/n) and Bakugo looked over to him, starting to get creeped out by the constant muttering.

"I'm outta here! Your muttering is giving me the creeps." He started to stomp off but stopped and turned back to (Y/n) before asking, "You coming?"

She looked over to All Might, who gave her a small nod. She then jogged over to the blonde. "Yeah, I'm exhausted."

(Y/n) and Bakugo stepped into their class's dorm, finding that both their class and class B were in there

"Wow, it is super packed," she commented as the two went over to the kitchen.

"It's irritating," Bakugo grumbled as he went over to grab some dinner.

While the two ate, (Y/n) couldn't help but think about Bakugo's idea. If she could take away energy, maybe she could surge it. It's a possible trait--but a dangerous one.

She noticed Todoroki and Midoriya talking about quirks behind Bakugo, and it was an... interesting conversation. That's when she spotted a familiar and very-much awake face.

She stood up, putting her hand on Bakugo's shoulder before she walked away. "I'll be right back."

He grabbed her hand before she could leave. "Where are you going?"

"To apologize to a past opponent."

She walked up to Awase, tapping on his shoulder since she had come up behind him. He turned around and greeted her, "Oh hey (L/n), what's up?"

"I just wanted to apologize for what happened earlier today during training." She rubbed the back of her neck.

"Why? You beat me."

"I tested a new ability on you and it could've gone horribly wrong," she awkwardly explained, hearing the words out loud rather than in her head just made it sound worse than it actually was. "It wasn't a good idea for me to try it out during a training match. So... I'm sorry."

"I didn't realize that it was a new ability." He gave her a small smile. "Don't worry about it, just try not to kill the next person you use it on!"

She smiled back , chuckling a little as she replied, "I'll try not to!"

(Y/n) went back over to sit with Bakugo, finishing up her beef stew. He asked her as she pulled her chair up, "What was that about?"

"I went to apologize to Awase for trying out that new ability on him," she answered, taking a sip of water.

"Why? You were using your quirk to your advantage and ended up helping us win in the end." Bakugo looked up from his food. "You have nothing to be sorry for."